Superformance GT40

KEPetersen

Guys:

It looks like our suspicions were correct: an initial look at the internals of the engine show that the distributor and cam were both heavily damaged. Now it's a matter of finding out why it happened (perhaps a faulty cam) and determining what other damage occurred to the engine. I'll let you know the results.

Anyway, here's a video of my run before the engine melted down. Not particularly quick laps ... but I sure love to listen to that engine!

Kim

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had 2 cam failures in the last two years. My builder blamed the oil...

Kim,

The camshaft was only damaged at the distributor drive gear, right? Or was there lobe damage? Also, running high volume oil pumps on 302s has also been known to tear up a distributor gear or two. Is that also the case in your big block?

Mark

• 2 months later...
Is this car (above) eligible for NASA's TT events?

Absolutely. In any class other than TTA.

Jason:

I don't know – I've tracked a Z06 and they are super competitive and great cars! And anyway, mine is an ancient relic in comparison ...

Kim

ur GT40 pulls over a G with good tires and with that 427w I bet that thing hauls ass..

im so jealous. I wanted a FFR Daytona but now they stop making them for awhile..

Someday I'll have a GT40

• 8 months later...