Welcome Brian Z to H4

mikeski38

Nor Cal H4 continues to grow with the entry of a 94 integra LS driven by none other then the TTE points leader Brian Z. This class is going to continue to grow with 2 more cars expected by next season. Maybe soon we can be grided in front of those silly miatas. Congrats brian Z.

Yea it's nice to have you out there with us now, look forward to our first dice......

Don't hold your breath on the Miatas. I have just started to think of them a cones in an auto cross coarse.

I will be thinking about you guys this weekend when I am racing at T/H

After last weekend I can't wait to get back on the track, going to test on friday.

Z,

You handled yourself very well actually!!

Next time don't give up on the line so easily.

I am totally happy with the growth of the class. I wish they were already there!!

Good Luck this weekend Ron.

Yeah, he meant me.

The truth of the matter is that I blew it. I was a little slow on the flag. I made it worst myself by missing a shift between T1 & T2. I think something like 5 or 6 cars passed me!!!

What a Dodo

2006 rookie!? Now THAT's planning ahead

well i just got a smog ticket on my car, and don't think i will pass smog so, that really kicked me into gear. honestly though, i only have a year to get my car up to specs and get my license, i think im leaveing my self some breathing room, but we all know how that works out

2006 rookie!? Now THAT's planning ahead

well i just got a smog ticket on my car, and don't think i will pass smog so, that really kicked me into gear. honestly though, i only have a year to get my car up to specs and get my license, i think im leaveing my self some breathing room, but we all know how that works out

If you can build it.. they will race you! ... hehe

Hey, Brian. Congrats on getting your competition license! Hopefully by this time NEXT year you will be looking at my front end in all three of your mirrors: I've decided to retire the Civic VX hatch from everyday driving and build it into my track car .

You've been warned

I think I can make a lot of progress during the lull in events btwn Oct and first of the year (can't make THill in Nov , 49er tix )

I envision it as an H5, TT, or maybe Enduro car to begin with, altho we all agree that the really tall gears are going to be a drawback (the car weighs a lot more than a CRX). We'll see how much performance I can coax out of it w/the stock D15Z engine before I swap it out and move up to H4, then I've got a complete D16 lined up. I actually almost bought a crashed 93 Si w/JDM B16 swap (could have used a lot of his other parts, too), but I didn't want to mess around w/CA DMV. Plus I realized I probably wouldn't have any fun spending my rookie season getting beaten up by the really big dogs in H1!

See you at Infineon in a few weeks!

good luck with the H5 VX, my car is a VX and used to have the motor, simply there is no way you can get by the CRAZY tall gears. second gear goes to like 50 or 60. and if you get past that your not gona be able to get passed the TB and IM, that a new borns pinky could cause complete blockage in.

what about swaping in a DX motor? you would still be in H5 i think, and those lil 92-95 DX motor's are fairly strong.

"Crazy tall gears" is right! Man, I can run flat out in 3rd gear all day at, well, I can't tell you ALL my secrets

Man, I just hate it when some guy in a Miata or Mini or something passes me ***right*** before a corner then has to slam on the binders while I'm still on the gas

Somehow, I see some body contact in my future 'cause I don't intend to give up the line to some bozo dive-bombing me and trying to take my line: what do they say, "possession is nine-tenths of the law?" Finders keepers, man -- you want it, YOU get here first!

I hear there's a guy who won his class in maybe it was the 25-hour in a VX in VX trim. Can you say "no pit stop?"

The swap I bought is from an Si, with an Si trans, a plan my mechanic recommended... I'm still doing stuff a little at a time, the swap will probably be the LAST thing I get around to. (Cage and driver suit on the horizon first.) You guys can make fun of me and my pokey little VX all you want: get it out of your systems, we'll see who gets the last laugh hahaha!!

I think that running the VX is a good idea. You get used to driving your line and keeping the car at the edge, Then add power. It is kinda the theory I'm workin on..

Note: I still need to buy a header

Dave,

It will be very nice to add you to the H4 field. Let me know if you have any rules questions concerning the swap. We want to make sure it stays legal so there aren't any problems.