2005 Rules-how we're going to do it

JWL

• 3 weeks later...

Guys-

Quick update on the release date. We are shooting for Monday 11/22 now rather than today. We are having a conference call tomorrow night to hammer out the final details and we will then have everything hopefully ready for you on Monday. Thanks for the patience and have a happy and safe holiday season.

-JWL

Thanks for the update John. As you can imagine, we're all waiting patiently!

yes, we are all waiting patiently and are incredibly anxious about how the heated topics will turn out!! anyone want to lay odds on various topics?......

yes, we are all waiting patiently and are incredibly anxious about how the heated topics will turn out!! anyone want to lay odds on various topics?......

No thanks. Racing on the same track as you is gambling enough for me.

I am looking forward to the results. I feel like I'm awaiting the results of an election or something. I'm actually working on my garage in preparation to start work on the car for next year. I'm glad that NASA is getting this done early enough to give me some time to make "adjustments". I am also in favor of the new Midwestern series as the races are much closer to me. I'll be making more events, so I just wanted to add that as a thanks to the NASA family.

Okay, it's monday. When are we going to see the rules come out?

Jeez, just like a kid at Christmas. Just as 12:01 a.m. techincally is Christmas, but most of us can wait until 7 or 8 a.m. Relax, I am SURE they will come. Right John?

Soup nazi voice /[ NO RULES FOR YOU, 6 WEEKS! NOW GO AWAY!] / end soup nazi voice.

Okay, it's monday. When are we going to see the rules come out?

Jeez, just like a kid at Christmas. Just as 12:01 a.m. techincally is Christmas, but most of us can wait until 7 or 8 a.m. Relax, I am SURE they will come. Right John?

Soup nazi voice /[ NO RULES FOR YOU, 6 WEEKS! NOW GO AWAY!] / end soup nazi voice.

Griz, don't make me lap you at the first event......

Folks-

The 2005 AI rules are now with our webmaster and should be available soon on the main nasaproracing.com page. Thanks to all of you for your input and thanks to Todd Covini, Eric Meehan, and Peder Beckman for their hard work on the rules.

I’ll leave it to you all to digest the new rules and if you have any specific questions, please e-mail me or one of the other directors and we’ll be happy to help. Please be patient as most of us are buried in work and family stuff right now and it may take us a little bit to get back to you.

We hope that all of you have a safe and happy Holiday Season and we look forward to seeing you in 2005 at the track.

Sincerely,

-JWL and Ryan

Brian, apparently you and Mark have been naughty, so you get a lump of coal.

Looks like my Recaro SRD is now illegal. Ah well, I've only had them for 9 years! Time to go seat shopping.

I'll have to go out in the garage and check ride height, but I'm far from the lowerst car out there (probably the highest!) so I think I'll be OK.

JWL/Ryan, thanks for closing the holes without stirring things up to much.

Brian, apparently you and Mark have been naughty, so you get a lump of coal. quote]

I don't quite know what to say.

Have a good time next year, you won't see me around.

BPT

Reason: the KB IRS is now relegated to AIX.....

Come on Tone, lighten up. I need some more competition, come and get me.

Chris Griswold

AIX Midwest

(who thinks the AIX tire rule, or lack thereof, will triple my tire costs )

Come on Tone, lighten up. I need some more competition, come and get me.

Chris Griswold

AIX Midwest

we need to trade motors first.....

That just means it's time to step up the power!

If you think the only difference between AI and AIX is power, you have much to learn, grasshopper!

I thought you found that the Toyo's were faster than the Hoosiers, and lasted much longer...?

I thought you found that the Toyo's were faster than the Hoosiers, and lasted much longer...?

I think the average lap times throughout the Toyo's lifetime will be faster. I also think that NEW Hoosiers or Kuhmos with two sessions or less on them will be slightly faster. IF the competition tightens up in AIX next year it wil force people to buy NEW Hoosiers or Kuhmos for every race for that extra 1/2 second, which is EXACTLY what I am trying to avoid. Maybe I'll just add more h.p., nah, that isn't cheaper.

So basically it will make a $1000 weekend cost $2200.

If you think the only difference between AI and AIX is power, you have much to learn, grasshopper!

Certainly not, but I've seen a lot of the untapped potential that lies inside that car. I honestly don't think it would be too difficult to make Brain/Mark's car competitive in AIX.

I think the average lap times throughout the Toyo's lifetime will be faster. I also think that NEW Hoosiers or Kuhmos with two sessions or less on them will be slightly faster. IF the competition tightens up in AIX next year it wil force people to buy NEW Hoosiers or Kuhmos for every race for that extra 1/2 second, which is EXACTLY what I am trying to avoid. Maybe I'll just add more h.p., nah, that isn't cheaper.

So basically it will make a $1000 weekend cost $2200.

Gee Chris, given your fabrication abilities I'm surprised you haven't made some tire molds, bought a tire molding machine and started making your own tires Think of the money you'd save over buying Hoosiers every weekend!