Jim P.

2009 Vote: Roebling Road

How many events would you like to see at Roebling Road in 2009?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How many events would you like to see at Roebling Road in 2009?

• three (3) events
    • one (1) event
    • two (2) events
    • zero (0) events

Jim P.

Howdy all,

We are talking with tracks for dates in 2009 and wanted to get feedback about various tracks. I have posted these polls and want everyone to vote honestly about these tracks. Give us your feedback!

robbodleimages

While I realize there are many that have issues with the customer service at this track, the price is good. The weather has been good. The racing is good. The track is pretty easy on equipment and there is only one place that is a serious risk of hitting something hard.

Its a reasonable two for most everyone that runs with our group. I would be VERY happy if we could go back to our May/September dates of the past, but if there are dates available in February or October/November I would love those as well.

Lucid Moments

I say two or three. As far as the track itself goes this is one of my favorites. I don't really know why I just enjoy it. Plus you have Savannah which is a nice place to go also.

Keith Andrews

The operators are loud mouth jerks but it is close to most people in the region. The track is fun if not particularly diverse in character. Just don't make too much noise in your race car????

Falcon

I like Roebling. Although the mgmt's reputation is not good, I've never had an issue with them, I just don't make eye contact with any of them.

Sure, I understand Fred has some issues with them, but, hell, everyone has issues with Fred.

I voted for 2 events (Hopefully May and Sept). I can't go another September without a fix like I had to do this year. And, no, this boy don't do no ovals!

Fred Crawford
I like Roebling. Although the mgmt's reputation is not good, I've never had an issue with them, I just don't make eye contact with any of them.

Sure, I understand Fred has some issues with them, but, hell, everyone has issues with Fred.

I voted for 2 events (Hopefully May and Sept). I can't go another September without a fix like I had to do this year. And, no, this boy don't do no ovals!

I respect Jody.... but he is stupid. Having said that... I will not do roebing under any cercumstances. They are rude ... blah blah... ya'll know how I feel . this year we have several other tracks asking for our business......

Fc

robbodleimages
this year we have several other tracks asking for our business......

Fc

Several? Prey tell?

gimpstang
this year we have several other tracks asking for our business......

Fc

Several? Pray tell?

fixed

Gimp

Grammar Nazi in training

tonycook

I have to go with Fred on this issue. Don't care for Roebling.

beerkat

I like Roebling. It is close to me, 4 hour drive, and for run off room it pretty good.

zul8r

I vote for more roebling events..

I guess everyone that has a problem with track management must have done something wrong for them to not wanna go there anymore. Just follow rules and you will be OK

Fred Crawford
I vote for more roebling events..

I guess everyone that has a problem with track management must have done something wrong for them to not wanna go there anymore. Just follow rules and you will be OK

Wrong..................................... and good luck.

Fc

Falcon

I respect Jody.... but he is stupid.

....and I'm a s-l-u-t!

Fred Crawford

I respect Jody.... but he is stupid.

....and I'm a ****!

Thats right beak face...

Fc

SNAKBITN

Ran there once and moved to de3 and can't wait to go back at least till they piss me off to,but flyin under the radar for now.

robbodleimages

Lets look at this a different way. We didnt get our traditional September date at Roebling and lost the October Barber date. As a result we had to take a Rockingham date the week after the nationals. The turn out was pretty light as Rockingham doesn't attract a big turn out.

Because of that August at Road Atlanta was the last points race until the finale in December.

I would show up at Roebling in September, October AND November if Jim could get the dates rather than what happened this season.

I'll ask again about the "several tracks" asking for our business. Who are they?

Fred Crawford
Lets look at this a different way. We didnt get our traditional September date at Roebling and lost the October Barber date. As a result we had to take a Rockingham date the week after the nationals. The turn out was pretty light as Rockingham doesn't attract a big turn out.

Because of that August at Road Atlanta was the last points race until the finale in December.

I would show up at Roebling in September, October AND November if Jim could get the dates rather than what happened this season.

I'll ask again about the "several tracks" asking for our business. Who are they?

Stark and high rock,, cmp

Fc

robbodleimages

Ah...I will be interested to hear the reviews on Starke. Although that is nearly twice as far from me as is Roebling. That would not be a good trade for me. We already are looking at 3 at CMP. You want to go there more?

High Rock would be great. A track inside the 4 hour haul mark for me. I'd run there three times a year if we could. Any indication that they will actually open?

Ed M.

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Rockingham was a points race...

robbodleimages

Not sure I understand what you are saying. Rockingham was a points race...

I think I mentioned previously in that post about Rockingham not being well attended in part because of its proximity to the nationals. And so with that there were no races between August and December.

Ed M.

And so with that there were no races between August and December.

OK, if you say so. But I know I went to Rockingham Sep 20-21 and raced and got points for it. September is between Aug and Dec. I've also got some in-car video to prove it...

robbodleimages

ok...i am not getting myself across correctly. just forget that i even brought it up. how's that?

mcmmotorsports

I am ok with Roebling, but just one event. I can make the trip in a reasonable amount of time which is a plus. I will have a better opinion after racing there and not participating in a DE.

Skeen

Roebling is a great track to race on because you can go two wide all the way around. Great for hpde too, because the long duration cornersake it easier to get to and feel the limits. 3 events!

robbodleimages

Roebling got hit by a tornado yesterday. According to reports there is quite a bit of damage.