2009 Vote: Roebling Road

Jim P.

How many events would you like to see at Roebling Road in 2009?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How many events would you like to see at Roebling Road in 2009?

• three (3) events
    • one (1) event
    • two (2) events
    • zero (0) events

Keith Andrews
Roebling got hit by a tornado yesterday. According to reports there is quite a bit of damage.

????????? I'm in SAV right now and we've had rain showers off and on but to my knowledge no violent weather. They do have a few tornado magnets around there though.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• mcmmotorsports

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

I vote for 3 events there. It is an easy track to drive and a challenging track to go really fast. I happen to really like the track workers and I get along with the management - I follow the rules and do not argue....I have been fussed at - but I have also been treated exceptionally well for many, many years there.

I run there a lot with other organizations so it is not like I will no longer run Roebling. It will be a shame to lose the Florida participation we get at Roebling and we get great turnout for TT.

I have seen video of Starke - it is not pretty (the two walled "dumb" and "dumber" turns) and the head on potential on the track with no wall scares even me - everybody spins eventually and a head on there will be more then bent tin. High Rock sounds great - when will it be available?

I read this on the Buccaneer region forum.. as follows

Might be a slight problem with your plans for this event gang. Check this email I got from Art.

>>>Hi, Art here,

Just wanted you to be informed about the tornado at Roebling Thursday. There were no injuries, the damages are as follows:

Part of roof on tower off

Stand across form tower ripped out of ground and destroyed

Tree down in front of Kaye & Richard's house

Many many trees damaged by wind & lifgtning

Turn 5 workstation is upside down & ruined

Potalets overturned all over

Trash cans everywhere blown by winds

Several sections of fence crushed by limbs & portalets

P.A. & base station gone beyond repair

There is more, i just don't remember at this time, but it was a mess. Kaye & Richard set about getting things cleaned up and repaired. By Friday noon, they had a lot of the mess cleaned up or it was being done. The tree trimmers had a full day's work gettind rid of broken limbs.

Just found out tower structure was damaged, may have to replace it.

We are having our final Buccaneer event Nov 1-2. I hope you can come help & support the Time Trials event. Worker incentives are the same, and with 9 turns now, we need more workers. Please let me know either yes or no, so i can keep track of workers. I just had surgery on hand so I'll be limited in what i can do, so please come help out.

Thanks,

Art<<<

I've read on other boards that the typical Roebling "customer service" at SCCA events is no different... fwiw

I've only been yelled at once by them, and probably did deserve it...

It's too far from me, and it's hot there in the summer.

and you were advocating Nashville - though the garages there were the best I have ever seen....

You would really, really like Roebling with your ZO6...it would be worth the drive..

It's too far from me, and it's hot there in the summer.

and you were advocating Nashville - though the garages there were the best I have ever seen....

You would really, really like Roebling with your ZO6...it would be worth the drive..

I'm just playing. Everywhere is far from me, and it's hot everywhere in the SE in the summer. As long as my truck and trailer stay healthy, i plan on making it nearly everywhere next year.

Maybe I will talk to the staff this weekend, we have an auto-X at roebling on the 19th. Ill tell them Im a nasa member and we want the dates!! Well, i do anyway

Maybe I will talk to the staff this weekend, we have an auto-X at roebling on the 19th. Ill tell them Im a nasa member and we want the dates!! Well, i do anyway

we have been toying with making it to that Auto-X also...

Maybe I will talk to the staff this weekend,

Tell them you know "Felonious" Freddie Crawford, and they'll move you to the head of the line!

mcmmotorsports

Tell them you know "Felonious" Freddie Crawford, and they'll move you to the head of the line!

Question is......what line? popcorn.gif

Keith Andrews
I read this on the Buccaneer region forum.. as follows

Might be a slight problem with your plans for this event gang. Check this email I got from Art.

>>>Hi, Art here,

Just wanted you to be informed about the tornado at Roebling Thursday. There were no injuries, the damages are as follows:

Part of roof on tower off

Stand across form tower ripped out of ground and destroyed

Tree down in front of Kaye & Richard's house

Many many trees damaged by wind & lifgtning

Turn 5 workstation is upside down & ruined

Potalets overturned all over

Trash cans everywhere blown by winds

Several sections of fence crushed by limbs & portalets

P.A. & base station gone beyond repair

There is more, i just don't remember at this time, but it was a mess. Kaye & Richard set about getting things cleaned up and repaired. By Friday noon, they had a lot of the mess cleaned up or it was being done. The tree trimmers had a full day's work gettind rid of broken limbs.

Just found out tower structure was damaged, may have to replace it.

We are having our final Buccaneer event Nov 1-2. I hope you can come help & support the Time Trials event. Worker incentives are the same, and with 9 turns now, we need more workers. Please let me know either yes or no, so i can keep track of workers. I just had surgery on hand so I'll be limited in what i can do, so please come help out.

Thanks,

Art<<<

Maybe it got the sound meter!!

I don't want to sound like a broken record here.... BUT....

I love this track. We have some of our best racing there. And while I've never had any direct conflicts with track management, I was pretty steamed with the utter lack of customer service.

With the issues of being able to come and go, it would be nice if they could commit to having a reasonable stock of ice on hand.

I'd love to see 2 event at Roebling. But if they can't make an half assed attempt to pretend to welcome our business... I'm fine to never return to the place.

forget Roebling, i was there today for the solo, i tried to talk with Richard and Kaye but they didnt really want to say much but, "We dont have a spot in the schedule for Nasa.." Gay!! that means i gotta run a Vintage SCCA event with a bunch of old farts to get my Roebling Fix talk about a lapping day

mcmmotorsports
forget Roebling, i was there today for the solo, i tried to talk with Richard and Kaye but they didnt really want to say much but, "We dont have a spot in the schedule for Nasa.." Gay!! that means i gotta run a Vintage SCCA event with a bunch of old farts to get my Roebling Fix talk about a lapping day

Roebling Road=sadwavey.gif