2009 Vote: Roebling Road

Jim P.

How many events would you like to see at Roebling Road in 2009?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How many events would you like to see at Roebling Road in 2009?

• three (3) events
    • one (1) event
    • two (2) events
    • zero (0) events

Fred Crawford

Dear WWW,

The next time I go up to the window at Roebling and ask a simple kind question to the staff of RR and have them slowly lower the window glass on me ,as they half way respond... then turn their back to me and walk away......... or run up to my child on their bike in the paddock , yell at the child until they were in tears ,,,because of his

"peddal speed" through said paddock,,,,, or yell at the nasa staff because of my timer transponder located on the wrong section in / at pit wall " dangerous projectial object location " I was told....... I will say,, just be nice and work with the rules...... oh my bad we are not ever going back to roebling..... no need for that thought.

They suck..... please blame me... I want to take the credit for them not asking us back.

Mr Fred Crawford

Matthews NC

John deere

# 48

Nasa

Green car w/ loud exhaust

The Guy ya'll are rude to

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• mcmmotorsports

• Varkwso

• kbrew8991

I agree,, Ive had them tell me what not to do,, and i did it.

like you said Roebling was the first place i drove on a open track and I will never forget it. I just hope we can get in for 09.

Nice post also Jeff C -

I'll be at RR in a couple weeks, and will be back in 09. Hopefully w/ NASA, but with some other group if needed.

yes Fred, thanks for kicking the track off the schedule that alot of people did want, but that you weren't going to anyway. Real nice of you to do that for them.

Fred Crawford
yes Fred, thanks for kicking the track off the schedule that alot of people did want, but that you weren't going to anyway. Real nice of you to do that for them.

Your welcome.... Ken

Hows your mom

Fc

Trackrocket
Dear WWW,

The next time I go up to the window at Roebling and ask a simple kind question to the staff of RR and have them slowly lower the window glass on me ,as they half way respond... then turn their back to me and walk away......... or run up to my child on their bike in the paddock , yell at the child until they were in tears ,,,because of his

"peddal speed" through said paddock,,,,, or yell at the nasa staff because of my timer transponder located on the wrong section in / at pit wall " dangerous projectial object location " I was told....... I will say,, just be nice and work with the rules...... oh my bad we are not ever going back to roebling..... no need for that thought.

They suck..... please blame me... I want to take the credit for them not asking us back.

Mr Fred Crawford

Matthews NC

John deere

# 48

Nasa

Hmmmm, I thought we all were AT LEAST 18 years old on here? ...or at least acted like it, anyway.

Nice reply Fred, it's about what I expect...that you post just how you drive, nice and F'd up.

It's obvious that you are NOT the one to speak for all of us. I can see that most any of us have experienced some type of unprofessional/uncourteous treatment at one facility or another, but think back to how many of the "uncourteous" moments we ourself have spawned.

YES, Roebling should post a rule about kids on bikes, NASA MA does not allow minors on bicycles (for obvious safety reasons) at any of our events...and if there is a bicycle speed limit, that should be posted as well.

As for timing transponders...they should post that in their rules as well, and mark off a designated area behind pit wall to place such equipment. I agree that if it is not posted, they should not randomly "make up rules as they go along".

As for your loud-ass obnoxcious (or should it be noxious, thing about knocked me out at the Nationals, 2006) car, get a muffler on it...trust me, all that noise does NOT justify how fast (or NOT fast) it goes. Things are only going to get worse at these race tracks, Summit Point is supposed to invoke a db limit, there's talk of it anyway...it's possible that they've implemented it but my car is quiet and I don't have to worry about it.

My point here is, I can understand a few of you feel it's within your right to NOT return to RRR because of the negative experiences you've had - I understand and agree that it IS your right. BUT DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

I do not, however, expect that we, as adults in the motorsports community, should post wrecklessly about any of the venues that NASA regions have business with. I agree that we all have a right to complain about things, voice our opinion and whatnot...but to name a topic "Roebling WWW" is just uncalled for, especially to call any of the aforementioned people out by name. It's just not right.

Besides, if you were half the "Southern Gentleman" that you make yourself out to be - you wouldn't go there...you've just been called out by a former Yankee.

The word on the street is that the content of these posts have made their way to management at RRR. While they could choose to take this as constructive criticism, I think they took it a different way and are no longer interested in having NASA as their guest, their customer...however you look at it...and that royally SUCKS.

I have not been to Roebling in exactly two years...and I figured I would get down there to a SE event as I have at Road Atlanta a couple of times...when I'm not busy with MA events.

It's possible that the tone/rhetoric on this discussion board has ruined any chance of that - and you think this is FUNNY?? So, you are satisfied that your "work here is done"? You're perfectly OK with the possibility that you've screwed it up for the rest of us??

If so, that's sad man, it's really sad and it has pretty much changed my opinion of you and others that choose to continue such negative mud-slinging bantor on the NASA forums.

By the way Fred, it's "PEDAL" and "PROJECTILE"...dipsh__.

Damn Fred. How do you really feel about it?

I don't consider that funny at all..

mcmmotorsports

Wow...tough crowd here tonight. Guys, I don't know Fred personally, but I do have a pretty good grasp of his sense of humor. I think what we have here is a good guy trying to make the best of a bad situation. Before you throw Mr. Fc under the bus, put yourself in his position.

Fred Crawford
Dear WWW,

Mr Fred Crawford

Matthews NC

John deere

# 48

Nasa

Hmmmm, I thought we all were AT LEAST 18 years old on here? ...or at least acted like it, anyway.

Nice reply Fred, it's about what I expect...that you post just how you drive, nice and F'd up.

It's obvious that you are NOT the one to speak for all of us. I can see that most any of us have experienced some type of unprofessional/uncourteous treatment at one facility or another, but think back to how many of the "uncourteous" moments we ourself have spawned.

YES, Roebling should post a rule about kids on bikes, NASA MA does not allow minors on bicycles (for obvious safety reasons) at any of our events...and if there is a bicycle speed limit, that should be posted as well.

As for timing transponders...they should post that in their rules as well, and mark off a designated area behind pit wall to place such equipment. I agree that if it is not posted, they should not randomly "make up rules as they go along".

As for your loud-ass obnoxcious (or should it be noxious, thing about knocked me out at the Nationals, 2006) car, get a muffler on it...trust me, all that noise does NOT justify how fast (or NOT fast) it goes. Things are only going to get worse at these race tracks, Summit Point is supposed to invoke a db limit, there's talk of it anyway...it's possible that they've implemented it but my car is quiet and I don't have to worry about it.

My point here is, I can understand a few of you feel it's within your right to NOT return to RRR because of the negative experiences you've had - I understand and agree that it IS your right. BUT DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!!

I do not, however, expect that we, as adults in the motorsports community, should post wrecklessly about any of the venues that NASA regions have business with. I agree that we all have a right to complain about things, voice our opinion and whatnot...but to name a topic "Roebling WWW" is just uncalled for, especially to call any of the aforementioned people out by name. It's just not right.

Besides, if you were half the "Southern Gentleman" that you make yourself out to be - you wouldn't go there...you've just been called out by a former Yankee.

The word on the street is that the content of these posts have made their way to management at RRR. While they could choose to take this as constructive criticism, I think they took it a different way and are no longer interested in having NASA as their guest, their customer...however you look at it...and that royally SUCKS.

I have not been to Roebling in exactly two years...and I figured I would get down there to a SE event as I have at Road Atlanta a couple of times...when I'm not busy with MA events.

It's possible that the tone/rhetoric on this discussion board has ruined any chance of that - and you think this is FUNNY?? So, you are satisfied that your "work here is done"? You're perfectly OK with the possibility that you've screwed it up for the rest of us??

If so, that's sad man, it's really sad and it has pretty much changed my opinion of you and others that choose to continue such negative mud-slinging bantor on the NASA forums.

By the way Fred, it's "PEDAL" and "PROJECTILE"...dipsh__.

Are you over 18.....

Fc

Hooked on Phonics

Not only was this my first track but it is the closest track for me. I happen to love to go there as do many. I can now see why "issues" exists on both sides of the fence. Sorry, but I get much better results by being kind than I do being a dick so I'll just keep being a nice guy. In the end, there are more than enough other organizations that I can run with that rent Roebling so I will go on my happy way and enjoy their southern hospitality. I wish everyone the best.

Fred Crawford
Not only was this my first track but it is the closest track for me. I happen to love to go there as do many. I can now see why "issues" exists on both sides of the fence. Sorry, but I get much better results by being kind than I do being a dick so I'll just keep being a nice guy. In the end, there are more than enough other organizations that I can run with that rent Roebling so I will go on my happy way and enjoy their southern hospitality. I wish everyone the best.

I aggree. It was the track I did my comp school at ... with jimbo pantas chasing me around. Good track to run. Lots of folks will and should continue to run it.

Fc

And I thought the Barber thread was a train wreck.

Yep, But the Barber thread was side tracked by a few Directors, Fred handled this one by himself...

Robert

I have a feeling NASA is in the state of big change. I have met a bunch of really great guys/gals in my short stay(maybe 3yrs?) and most of them are still there.

It is getting to be a big orginization and the DE driver, seemingly to me and to a few others that I know, doesnt matter anymore. That is the perception anyway.

Take Road Atlanta---cost now is close to $400(with banquet), and yes I realize things cost, but the grassroots DE man with kids has a hard time coming up with that. I really was looking forward to RA but that price has knocked me out. Sessions get shorter and less frequent , cant pit with the big guys anymore, cost --like everything else keeps going up etc.

So with no RR what other track in Ga do I have? I guess Zero.

Just my 2 cents---errr 0.005 cents with the wall street riot!

olddragger

Fred Crawford
I have a feeling NASA is in the state of big change. I have met a bunch of really great guys/gals in my short stay(maybe 3yrs?) and most of them are still there.

It is getting to be a big orginization and the DE driver, seemingly to me and to a few others that I know, doesnt matter anymore. That is the perception anyway.

Take Road Atlanta---cost now is close to $400(with banquet), and yes I realize things cost, but the grassroots DE man with kids has a hard time coming up with that. I really was looking forward to RA but that price has knocked me out. Sessions get shorter and less frequent , cant pit with the big guys anymore, cost --like everything else keeps going up etc.

olddragger

Olddragger,

I know how ya feel. But you couldn't be more wrong, in my opinion. De is the bread and butter in most clubs. Thats where the money is. Racers are usaully break even at best. I think Nasa does a pretty good job on a whole. But your right, time is getting hard to come by.... for racers too !. Like you ,I wished they did not sepatate DE and Racers at Atlanta... but that was to give everyone more room , everyone asked for it and it was needed. I have many good friends that DE and I am sure Nasa will continue to work with all of us for track time.

as for Roebling... no one person had anything to do with Roeblings decision in not asking us to come there. From my understanding they have not been happy with Nasa for several years now. I think they felt it was time to move on from us. As for racing there, there are several other great groups that do go there and I know you can hook up with them and get your local fix " of race addiction " . I also feel your pain as it relates to cost... this is not a cheap hobbie. I know Pantas is well aware of that and does his best to keep racing and HPDE stuff local and cost effective...

Fc

Hooked on Phonics

robbodleimages

olddragger

I understand your pain, but I think your conclusions are wrong. As a racer, I am also a little guy. Its just a fact of life that Road Atlanta is more expensive than some other tracks. Its a major league track, afterall. Jim raises the price when the track raises the price on him.

As a racer, I am flattered that you feel ripped off that there are seperate paddocks for racers and de cars at Road Atlanta, but has everything to do with space and traffic patterns.

As for GA, the new Atlanta Motorsports Park should be nice.

Lucid Moments

Everybody is talking as if it is a foregone conclusion that NASA-SE will not be running at RRR in 2009. Its not that I doubt what Shane/zul8r says when he posted up a few pages back, but I don't think he is a NASA-SE official. And until Jim or some other NASA-SE official posts up in here saying something definitive, or posts up the 2009 schedule I don't believe it is a done deal.

Your welcome.... Ken

Hows your mom

Fc

She said something about moving to Roebling....

I will be at RRR, in the rain, tomorrow, it seems...

Trackrocket

Guys, just for the record:

I realize that there is NO "official" word that NASA SE will not have dates at Roebling in 2009, so far, it has just been suggested that we're not welcome back.

I also realize that if SE region is not able to procure any dates for 2009 at Roebling - that Fred is not the sole responsible party for derailing any effort to do so.

My whole point is what others have kindly clarified for the masses, plain and simple...we shouldn't bad mouth any track and/or it's management/staff in an open forum such as this one, or any other for that matter.

To refer to anyone in track staff as "WWW" (as I'm sure most of us figured out what that stands for) or "stupid" is just not the right way to go about it. If we, as an organization have some "beef" with the track and it's management then it should be dealt with through the proper channels, not through public discussion boards.

I realize this is America with free speech and all the good things that come along with it but it's just plain unproductive to go about things in this manner.

With that said, I want to thank Fred for apparently retaining his stellar sense of humor and not reacting at "full volume" to what I had to say 2 posts ago. In retrospect, some of my comments were fun jabs, others might've been construed as downright nasty...and considering the mood I was in when I typed up that post...who knows what my intentions were, aside from making at attempt at toning down the rhetoric of some posts within this thread.

I only hope that the people/management of Roebling Roads Raceway could somehow take some of the info. herein as constructive criticism and hopefully we can make headway towards an amicable relationship.

If they have rules they wish to enforce, they should post them and/or cover everyone in the "all hands" meeting each morning...if they haven't been doing that already...I suspect that they have, for the most part.

So Fred, no hard feelings, I'd race with you any day...I guess just not at Roebling - eh?

Well this is getting confusing. Lets see if I have this straight.

This is a poll thread to see how many times we want to do RRR with NASA-SE. But some think that Fred, and maybe others, have gotten us removed from the "A" list of groups who run there. However everything is cool with the split paddock at RA except for the part of where not everyone can hang out together.

The real heart break is that Ken's mom is moving to RRR and Fred wont be able to see her anymore because he will not cross the sound trap there. But Varkswo is going down, with Jake, to play in the rain anyway.

That sound about right?

Well this is getting confusing. Lets see if I have this straight.

This is a poll thread to see how many times we want to do RRR with NASA-SE. But some think that Fred, and maybe others, have gotten us removed from the "A" list of groups who run there. However everything is cool with the split paddock at RA except for the part of where not everyone can hang out together.

The real heart break is that Ken's mom is moving to RRR and Fred wont be able to see her anymore because he will not cross the sound trap there. But Varkswo is going down, with Jake, to play in the rain anyway.

That sound about right?

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?

We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present.

We're dealing with a lot of chit.

mcmmotorsports

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?

We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present.

We're dealing with a lot of chit.

saywha.gif