NASA Championship GTS Challenge production needs your help!

Jeremy C.

• National Staff

Hello all,

I'm sure your all eagerly anticipating the release of the NASA Championship GTS Challenge video production.

Well, I'd like to ask for your help in it's production.

Here is your chance to get your personal in-car video put into the official production.

We'd like you to submit it to Speedcast Productions for possible inclusion into the official production.

Now, as the video is only really focusing on GTS2 and GTS3, those are the racers we would like to collect video from.

There are some requirements we need to impose on what you send in to ensure that things run as smoothly as possible.

-GTS 2 and 3 only.

-Must have been shot with Chasecam, Edgecam, Data Toys, or newer MiniDV, Digital8, HDD, or DVD camcorder. No GoPro, VHS, Hi8, or low-cost solid-state recorders such as Aiptek. (Those simply don't produce an image quality high enough for us to use).

-Must be burned to DVD and sent to Speedcast. They will not be returning the discs.

You can send the DVD's to:

Speedcast productins

1012 N. Walnut Street

Lansing, MI 48906

Please include your name, class, and finishing position on the disc.

If you guys/gals can help me spread the word to all the GTS2 and GTS3 competitors that were at the event, that will help me out tremendously!

Now, the reason we are opening this up and including in-car from your personal recorders is because the weather played havoc with the production during the race and instead of scrapping the whole race, we'd like to put forth our best effort to ensure we can display the exciting and competitive action the GTS class displayed at the Championships! This is something we are not offering to any other class at the Championships.

If anyone has any questions I've not covered in this, you can feel free to email me at (Jeremy at Drivenasa dot com).

Best regards,

Jeremy Croiset

Sponsorship Manager

http://www.drivenasa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm willing to pitch in and help and I will but we paid $3k and the equipment didn't work? Did you have this problem with any other race groups? Did the other groups have to pay like we did?

I'm willing to pitch in and help and I will but we paid $3k and the equipment didn't work? Did you have this problem with any other race groups? Did the other groups have to pay like we did?

Michael,

The 3 Speedcast in-car cameras worked and they have that video. They were also shooting footage from spots around the track. The cameras and the operators where up on scaffolding. They got the first half of the race, but when the hurricane force winds came through they had to come down from the towers for safety. They are looking for more video to help fill in the gaps. This also will give the guys that didnt have one of the 3 Speedcast cameras a chance to get your footage/coverage in the video. It was an unforseen problem that they had no control over. Yes the other groups paid like we did, they just had the luck not to race in a hurricane !!

-Scott B.

Thanks Scott! Didn't get that from the original post nor did I think about the camera's/people around and above the track...and of course safety is most important. Makes sense now...didn't mean to sound like an arse!

• National Staff

Sorry Michael, I thought I'd been clear enough, but I was wrong.

Scott is right and that is exactly the reason we are moving in this direction.

It's actually much more time consuming for the production crew to take on this, but we felt it was important to produce a race that will show the great racing action we know there was in the class.

We hope to meet all of your expectations.

Thanks very much!

Jeremy

I haven't transferred my video to dvd yet, I will try to get it done Monday evening and in mail Tuesday. I finished P2 in GTS/2. I have some decent early action, probably until lap 12 or so, and a decent finish.

My DVD will go in the mail tomorrow. I have good action from the first few laps in GTS2, and a perfect view of the final pass for the lead in GTS3.

• National Staff
Why GTS2 and 3 only? Didn't some 1, 4, and 5 cars pay too?

Because the production was mainly focusing on the GTS2 and GTS3 classes like the recently released SU/ST1 race video!

I'm not sure about the money as Karl was the one handling that. Maybe he'll chime in on this thread...but I was under the assumption thats what was setup originally...

Jeremy

This is a good way for you GTS1,4 and 5 guys to get in the video. There were good battles in all classes, and I'd bet that they would talk about anything for which they get good video.

Did anyone talk to Jay or Shannon Matus? I know they had a different filming crew at the event for a online motorsports video hosting company. I saw some of that footage and it was all high quality top notch stuff. Maybe something can be worked out with them.

Why GTS2 and 3 only? Didn't some 1, 4, and 5 cars pay too?

Because the production was mainly focusing on the GTS2 and GTS3 classes like the recently released SU/ST1 race video!

I'm not sure about the money as Karl was the one handling that. Maybe he'll chime in on this thread...but I was under the assumption thats what was setup originally...

Jeremy

I think Karl made the point that since most of the money was coming from these two groups as they have the largest representation, he did not want the video to forget about the lower classes GTS1-3 and just focus on the faster class cars GTS4 & 5 who inevitibly would be leading the race (as the track announcers did in the past two championships). All classes need to be represented on the video, as that is what GTS is all about, and if there is a bit a favor, it needs to go to the classes that ante'd up the most.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the guys that ponied up more should get more time. However it read to me like 2 and 3 would get the exclusive coverage. If I was a 1, 4, or 5 guy and had paid, I'd be pi-issed and demand my $ back. ..but then I didn't pay, so I'm just running my mouth as usual.

I was told that the 2 classes with the most entries would receive coverage and relayed that info in my posts. At the time of starting the collection that was GTS 2and GTS3.

I was told by NASA that covering all GTS classes would not be feasable as the race is to short to go into details in all classes.

I did make it clear that 2 and 3 would be getting coverage.

Please let's give some help with this. This is your chance to be included even if you didn't pay.

Karl

• National Staff
I agree that the guys that ponied up more should get more time. However it read to me like 2 and 3 would get the exclusive coverage. If I was a 1, 4, or 5 guy and had paid, I'd be pi-issed and demand my $ back. ..but then I didn't pay, so I'm just running my mouth as usual.

Thats kind of a poor attitude to have don't ya think?

Do you really think the only people that will benefit from the video are the GTS 2 and 3 classes?

Seriously, the video will be great for ALL of GTS, not just 2 and 3!

The better job we do of showing how good the racing and competition is in the GTS class, the more interest it will generate about the class and the more people will decide to try racing in GTS no matter the 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 class!

Wouldn't you agree?

I think Karl made it pretty clear which classes would be featured and which classes would be mentioned in the original thread.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23732&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=80

Hopefully we get a lot of you to send in video!

It'll make the video that much better!

Thats kind of a poor attitude to have don't ya think?

Do you really think the only people that will benefit from the video are the GTS 2 and 3 classes?

The better job we do of showing how good the racing and competition is in the GTS class, the more interest it will generate about the class and the more people will decide to try racing in GTS no matter the 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 class!

Wouldn't you agree?

I think Karl made it pretty clear which classes would be featured and which classes would be mentioned in the original thread.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23732&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=80

Hopefully we get a lot of you to send in video!

It'll make the video that much better!

The problem is you want to promote GTS as a whole, but you won't even except footage from any other drivers in 1,4,5. If you were trying to get the car count up wouldn't it help by taking some of their footage to the video? Especially when drivers from 1,4,5 contributed to this project... it is a slap in the face.

...I would hope SOMEONE would respond to PM's also

Thats kind of a poor attitude to have don't ya think? Do you really think the only people that will benefit from the video are the GTS 2 and 3 classes?

No actually I don't think it's a poor attitude...what I referred to was the change from "the majority of the coverage is GTS2 and 3" to "we're only accepting GTS 2 and 3". The intent was misrepresented to our members IMO. I'd rather not debate the rest of it here though... I'll accept beer as payment for future discussion time and I am definitely looking forward to spread the word of the video.

The problem is you want to promote GTS as a whole, but you won't even except footage from any other drivers in 1,4,5. If you were trying to get the car count up wouldn't it help by taking some of their footage to the video? Especially when drivers from 1,4,5 contributed to this project... it is a slap in the face.

...I would hope SOMEONE would respond to PM's also

First of all, I have no control over how the production will be handled as I DO NOT work for NASA or Speedcast Productions.

The parties that have PMed me requesting a full refund please remember that I gained nothing by volunteering for the collection process other than incurring transaction fees. If you still want a refund, identify yourself on this public forum and I'll pay you back out of my own pocket so the whining stops.

Karl

I'll second that Karl. Karl was just the champion getting donations to get this done and only deserves thanks, not only for the effort but for his generous donation!

Not sure who is/was responsible for making the decision to only include GTS2-3. That said, to that person I think the people responsible for setting direction should be those that paid. Since it was paid for by GTS members (i assume) then they should get the input.

• 1 month later...
Any news on when this video might be released?

I heard it's in the middle of production right now. Hopefully it will be out shortly.

-Scott B.