Miller Warm Up

bpanther

I'd be interested in this weekend  

25 members have voted

1. 1. I'd be interested in this weekend

• June 27-28
    • April 18-19th

• National Staff

I don't see how I could keep my car cool there in late June there anyway. Even though I don't overheat in 110-115 degrees at Willow Springs in the middle of the summer, all four of the SRT4's at MMP in 2006 were running water temps in the 260's.

Does anyone have information about renting cars at or near Miller, preferably a race car?

Thanks,

Yep. Dave - you can rent a Miller Cup Car from them.

aww the Rockies would be a fantastic SB destination - take them to one of those awesome state parks while you're that far out west

aww the Rockies would be a fantastic SB destination - take them to one of those awesome state parks while you're that far out west

And the Bonneville Salt Flats are just down the road

How about a NASA sponsored NorCal - SoCal - Rocky Mountain - plus whoever event? Is there a way to do that?

I like that idea.

• National Staff

Dave,

A serious consideration for that should be that Socal has a regional event on June 27-28 scheduled at Buttonwillow and Norcal has an event at Infineon, so most will attend those instead for regional points.

The April date you have listed also coinsides with a Norcal event at Thunderhill, but Socal's race is the following weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, how about April 4th and 5th?

We won't be able to run the full course, but if we do this weekend we will be able to run west side on one day and east side on the next day. This will give everybody the opportunity to run both sides and you only need to figure out how to take one corner faster (nearly flat out) in September.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So is there a possiblilty that any of these dates are going to be intergrated into the 2009 schedule? I haven't seen anything on the Rocky Mountain region schedule.

just wanting a update

jmeris

• National Staff
So is there a possiblilty that any of these dates are going to be intergrated into the 2009 schedule? I haven't seen anything on the Rocky Mountain region schedule.

just wanting a update

jmeris

Even if they do, you wont be able to register for it!

For some strange reason, you and only you will keep getting an error when you try to register online for it!

Then when you just show up, Dave will kindly tell you that you're not allowed to run that weekend because your an HC racer!

Come on Meris, you don't want a leg up on everyone else coming there that'll have no prior experience either right?

Come on Meris, you don't want a leg up on everyone else coming there that'll have no prior experience either right?

haha, I need the practice...this track has too many turns