Miller Warm Up

bpanther

I'd be interested in this weekend  

25 members have voted

1. 1. I'd be interested in this weekend

• June 27-28
    • April 18-19th

Hum, a big National's level sprint race, say in June. What to call the race?

Yeah.... we tried that. Nobody showed up. You all lost your chance.

How could you have tried that? April and June of 2009 hasn't arrived yet?

Isn't this what this thread is about when it was originally posted in October of 2008, an event at Miller in either April 2009, and/or June 2009 to be a warm-up for the Nationals in Sept.???

How could you have tried that? April and June of 2009 hasn't arrived yet?

Isn't this what this thread is about when it was originally posted in October of 2008, an event at Miller in either April 2009, and/or June 2009 to be a warm-up for the Nationals in Sept.???

Yeah - good point. No, we tried a big June event at Miller last year. Everybody wimped out and we didn't get much interest except from the AZ gang. I think we got 3-4 cars from California.

After posting here about doing something for 2009 - I got even LESS positive response than I did in 2008 when asking about the June event. Looked like a loosing proposition and I wasn't going to take out another mortgage on my house to pay for it .

Check the results of the poll. We have 11 or 12 people interested. That doesn't pay the bill for Miller unless everybody wants a $6000 entry fee....

Ok I see why there's no warm up, although it would've been nice.

..... I wasn't going to take out another mortgage on my house to pay for it .

Ah c'mon! Mortgage rates are low nowadays!

That doesn't pay the bill for Miller unless everybody wants a $6000 entry fee....

Maybe some people can afford it. But it's not too much different from a USTCC entry fee.

jmeris

That doesn't pay the bill for Miller unless everybody wants a $6000 entry fee....

Maybe some people can afford it. But it's not too much different from a USTCC entry fee.

jmeris

Oh come on now Meris. You know with that $6000 entry fee you get back $5700 in prize $$!!!!

so with RM not doing a weekend before will there be any Mon/Tue/Wed type deal like Mid-O did in previous years?

trying to plan my vacation schedule

so with RM not doing a weekend before will there be any Mon/Tue/Wed type deal like Mid-O did in previous years?

trying to plan my vacation schedule

+1. Yes that would encourage first timers to Miller to attend and be competitive. Not only does the driver need to learn the track, but the suspension settings and engine tuning for the altitude will take some time. Well if you have a pro team with you it would be easier, but some will be alone doing all this.

• 2 weeks later...
less practice for the somewhat locals is ok by me

At Least 3 of the Miller HC locals will be there for both days. Randy Gibb, Jason Smith and Adam Munoa.