Size of ST2 Fields in California?

peter*g

I am thinking of converting my Evo to road racing (it's a tarmac rally car and occasional time trial car) and have been looking at ST2. The class looks great, I love racing with NASA, but I'm curious about the size of the field in ST2 in California. Can anyone give me an idea of how many cars typically show up to race?

I looked at the results from '08 and it looks like 5-6 cars showed up to race in the class, but not at every event. Anyone know why that was?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm hoping there are some other folks to race with, at which point I'll be out there for the '09 season!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be running with the Socal region next year in ST2. My buddy Ed told me about your thread. I mainly ran TTS this year but did run ST2 at one event before nationals. I'm sure Ed has allready told you about the sevensonly guys. They were the reason for the fields of 5 or more.

I'm probably not going to run all the events next year, but I do plan on hitting at least 3-4 weekends before nationals. Maybe we can coordinate which events to run, better competition and contingencies.

Cheers

I'll be running with the Socal region next year in ST2. My buddy Ed told me about your thread. I mainly ran TTS this year but did run ST2 at one event before nationals. I'm sure Ed has allready told you about the sevensonly guys. They were the reason for the fields of 5 or more.

I'm probably not going to run all the events next year, but I do plan on hitting at least 3-4 weekends before nationals. Maybe we can coordinate which events to run, better competition and contingencies.

Sounds great! My car should be ready to race by January so I'm pretty open to events.

I'm in SFV and building a Lotus 7 replica to be raced in ST2.

Unfortunatly, building a car from scratch mean that it'll take little while before I have anything that even resembles a car, let alone to race it...

Moti

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great! My car should be ready to race by January so I'm pretty open to events.

I'm not sure if I will be able to hit any norcal events this year, depends on funds. The first socal event isn't till March.

Looks like there is a very good chance we'll be relocating from Nashville, TN area to San Diego in February or March. If so, the ST2 Z06 will be coming with us, so we will also be contributing to the Cali. fields.

• 2 months later...
We were scheduled for Infineon on Feb 14/15 but cancelled due to attendance. Any of you ST-2 guys planning to be there?

Hey Josh. My car is being prepped, but ill be racing in Socal.