HPDE Insurance

DWNSHFT

I love this part right here. It's the first thing in the fine print

Coverage for "acts of terrorism" is included in your policy.

I love this part right here. It's the first thing in the fine print
Coverage for "acts of terrorism" is included in your policy.

Replica, in the event someone drives their car into the control tower I guess. By no means am I making light of 9/11. Just seems funny.

Feff

• 3 weeks later...
I'm interested in this insurance. Would they cover you if my car is not registered for street use and it's only track car that's not really street legal?

Also, would they cover you at a Time Trial event not just HPDE?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay - I thought I was subscribed to this thread but I didn't receive any indications that there were new posts.

Yes, you can cover track-only cars that are not licensed for street use. We have no issues with this at all.

At this point we are not providing coverage for Time Trials, although I do think it's right around the corner. We're taking one step at a time to ensure that we can be a long-term solution for the driving enthusiast community. Once we have a little more experience with HPDE, we'll start expanding out to TT, and maybe even 13/13 racing series.

Has anyone shown interest in being covered full time, like any other auto insurance? full coverag or just liability?

I'm interested in having my HPDE/weekend car (that usually has full coverage on it) insured full time by this company. Then I know, when the time comes, I can make a phone call, pay an extra few bux ( i assume we would work it out to be a bit less expensive if i agree to LocktonAffinty being my full time provider.) and go on about my weekend. just feeling comfortable knowing the insurance wouldn't drop me is worth it IMO.

just feeling comfortable knowing the insurance wouldn't drop me is worth it IMO.
If you have a dedicated company insuring your car for HPDE use on weekends, and let's just say that something happens, then I don't see why your day-to-day insurance provider needs to know about it in the first place. You just don't tell them that the car is being repaired by another carrier due to a track incident (simply say nothing to them) or that the car is in a scrapyard somewhere (simply tell them that you sold it).

Mark