1997 Cobra track car

robbodleimages

That would have been the '95 Cobra R that required the comp license. The '95R's were basically factory Koni Challenge GS cars(at the time IMSA GS). They were built with those specifications in mind. Add the roll cage and they were legal.

The 2000R was not built with any racing series in mind, to my knowledge. They were not successfully raced. The 95R, however, was.

Figured I was crossed up! Either way I would love to have one of both!

So, you have a vin "factory" on the car. you also have a title that lists the vin # make model and year but has something on the title in the effect of off road use only or not for street use? If so, I would try to apply for a lost tile through the state .They may send you a fresh title with just the basic information on it and not put the "for off road use only/ not for the street"

So, you have a vin "factory" on the car. you also have a title that lists the vin # make model and year but has something on the title in the effect of off road use only or not for street use? If so, I would try to apply for a lost tile through the state .They may send you a fresh title with just the basic information on it and not put the "for off road use only/ not for the street"

Yes, the car has its factory VIN# tag in the dash where it belongs. No, there is no title on the car. Ford held the certificate of origin when they delivered the cars to Roush and then to Bondurant. The cars are sold with bill of sale.

The not for use on public roads was in the bill of sale which the state of NC required to be sent to Raleigh the title request. However, this has not been an issue for any of the people I know who have gotten titles for their Bondy cars.

then just apply for a lost title with that vin. see what comes back. or just sell iy to your wife and make up a bill of sale that doesn't state off road use only or not for street use.

then just apply for a lost title with that vin. see what comes back. or just sell iy to your wife and make up a bill of sale that doesn't state off road use only or not for street use.

Ahhh....great idea. If she wont go for it, I will be more than happy to help out. Sell it to me for a $1.00 and make me up a bill of sale for it. deal.gif

Rob,

Just send the thing down here and I will title it in my name and sell it back to you.

Easy.

Of course, as an owner of two mustangs, it's understandable that you just want to get rid of one. I know I certainly don't have the time to keep a race car and a modified street car running, feed the kids, go to the races, and . . . work!

Bruce

Just send the thing down here and I will title it in my name and sell it back to you.

Hey Bruce...I have a stack of SN95 VIN tags and clear titles here...let me know which one you want...even number, or odd? lol

Mark

I might take you up on that. We will see how things shake out. I have a couple guys interested in it. I also have someone apparantly serious about buying my Boss 302. Yesterday my editor told me that Dario wants to get my Cobra R back into Steeda possession. If thats true, I might not have any Mustangs left except the current magazine project car....BTW, the new stories are running in the magazine and you can get the link at

http://mustangontrack.com/