Grand Am Challenge Hoosiers

cosm3os

Right, and the little hit isn't enough. You need bigger (read: fatter) hits each time.

Yup, that's why I'm going from 245's, to 275's on the new car. I've got it bad...

Right, and the little hit isn't enough. You need bigger (read: fatter) hits each time.

Yup, that's why I'm going from 245's, to 275's on the new car. I've got it bad...

We're making the jump from 225 to 275 ... should prove interesting ...

From what I have read above, I am probably the only person to drive the two tires back to back (R6 vs. Koni). THERE IS NO DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE!!! To be able to run these would be a great help for those of us dollar challenged. They wear like iron, and we have 8+ heat cycles (including a 2 hour enduro) on them and they feel the same. Policing is easy as they say KONI on the sidewall. Wrong decision CB

Try slicks some time, talk about crack... Twice as expensive but I don't see how I could "go back" to R6's!

Aw man, I thought you ran R6's. Now I have to re-evaluate my budget for next year.

Mark,

I used to. However I discovered that I was really a 9.3:1 car and not an 8.6:1 car as I originally thought. My first dyno run was 262 for some reason. Every dyno for the subsequent dyno run (over 10) for the next 3 years showed me within 1 HP of 250 so the original operator must have been sleeping at the wheel.

Looking forward to the new Hooiser Slicks for '09! Are you planning on running in GTS4?! That would be awesome!

...Are you planning on running in GTS4?! That would be awesome!

Yup, but I have to finish it first , then de-tune it to get the power down where it needs to be. At full tune it would put me outside of GTS5, where I wouldn't stand a chance. The de-tune will also help a lot with longevity, and reduce the cost for consumables.

Oh such problems. Waaaah my engine makes too much power...

Yeah, it is a problem; my transmissions start going boom (like it did at Gateway). I believe you can relate...

Grand Am Hoosiers have nowhere near the grip of R6's. I'd rather run SEVERAL different DOT tires than the Grand Am Hoosiers. I have no where near the "feel" as a lot of drivers and even I can tell you how gripless the Grand Am tires are. And once they've gotten too hot (not an issue for NASA sprint races), it takes FOREVER for the grip to return.