H2 Prelude Build thread

ekim952522000

Mike, did you decide on a wheel and tire package?

Honestly this whole thing got put on hold about three weeks ago once I realized I was going to have a real hard time fitting until I work this out I have not decided, For H2 the plan is to run 16x7 with 245/45R16

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ekim952522000

• Redstone

• 71dsp

• jmeris

Mike,

Floor pan to top of seat = 37"

Top of seat to roof (CF sunroof plug) = 8"

There is a hump in the floor pan, so I measured to the lower part (not the hump).

Looking at my numbers again, the floor to the top of the seat looks low. I'll remeasure when I get a chance.

From your picture it doesn't look like it angled much at all. But I see the limitation is the harness bar. If you cut your current harness bar, redo it further back, you can angle the seat while still have good clearance for your leg. Yu just need to get spacers for your steering wheel.

+1 for what Andrie said. I did exactly what he described with the harness bar in my Integra. It's offset about 2 inches from straight across. It works very well.

• 1 month later...

It is a sad day for the wife, I bought this lude project. Mike is still in charge of updating the build thread though. The goblin is getting retired and I'm putting all the guts into the lude. I love this car, it moved a little every time I helped him work on it. Hope to have it ready for august.

yes and I would like everyone to make fun of Mike for how Blingy he is being check out his freshly painted control arms!

photoaae.jpg

photo23b.jpg

Mike I will try to post up some brake line pictures tonight for ya.

I also e-mailed Jeff at special projects motor sports about the bearing that was wrong so hopefully he can get it taken care of quick.

It is a sad day for the wife, I bought this lude project. Mike is still in charge of updating the build thread though. The goblin is getting retired and I'm putting all the guts into the lude. I love this car, it moved a little every time I helped him work on it. Hope to have it ready for august.

Hit me up and i'll help...

Also Cindy is now in the band... I figure it would be way cooler with 2 couples in the band so i kicked my buddy out. We need to start practicing...

• 3 weeks later...

Time to add to the build thread. Went and picked it up from U's house on tuesday and realized that I have a TON of work ahead of me. Aside from the cool brake lines, the car is just a shell with a cage.

I decided to do the 5th gen 5 lug swap since my wheel sponser, Thank you Rota Wheels, has a ton of 5x114 stuff, and it will make my legend GS brake setup bolt on, no drilling needed. Also decided to run a 16" wheel rather then the 15" since we are all going back to RA-1's next season (I hope) and there is a lot more tire size options in a 16.

The white whale needs paint.

I love these cars, sleek, way cool suspension, and neeto digital gauges. See Jimmy, you don't need an AIM to get cool digital gauges, just buy a 4th gen lude!

Time to add to the build thread. Went and picked it up from U's house on tuesday and realized that I have a TON of work ahead of me. Aside from the cool brake lines, the car is just a shell with a cage.

I decided to do the 5th gen 5 lug swap since my wheel sponser, Thank you Rota Wheels, has a ton of 5x114 stuff, and it will make my legend GS brake setup bolt on, no drilling needed. Also decided to run a 16" wheel rather then the 15" since we are all going back to RA-1's next season (I hope) and there is a lot more tire size options in a 16.

I love these cars, sleek, way cool suspension, and neeto digital gauges. See Jimmy, you don't need an AIM to get cool digital gauges, just buy a 4th gen lude!

The spec tire agreement with Toyo Tires is up at the end of this year.

So its a whole big bag of what the heck will happen IMO...

lol to the digital gauge thing...

LEt me know if you want some help this weekend

Screw that, graphics will give you more color :P, you've seen what it looks like on the cars that we've done locally.

Screw that, graphics will give you more color :P, you've seen what it looks like on the cars that we've done locally.

Austin i think you are forgetting who you are you are talking too....

When mike says "needs paint"

What that means is, he will go invade the OSH spend ~$40 on rustolume Pro paint, spray it in 35 degree weather and have it come out looking really dang nice..

OO and he might scuff the paint if he is up to it...

• 2 weeks later...

mikes not on the up and up with updates.

I saw the car on Saturday.

The car can now roll under its own power, and has brakes, some beefy mo-fo's too!!

More safety/cage/chassis stuff has been done.

My official build thread updater, Mike U, has been out of town. He is comming up thursday to help out with the brake lines. We'll get some new photos then.

• 2 weeks later...
My official build thread updater, Mike U, has been out of town. He is comming up thursday to help out with the brake lines. We'll get some new photos then.

Uh forgot to take pictures sorry guys, but the car is lookin good! Mike is really going to impress you guys with the blingyness of the new car!