West Coast GTS in 2009???

CKKrause

So I really like the idea of GTS... I have been running with BMWCCA in Spec E36, but unfortunately no other cars ended up being built on the west coast so I'm looking for a new place to race. I have a logbook for NASA and have run a couple of times in NASA's PT class just to run, but I'm really looking for a home!!! So, is there a Norcal director for GTS? Is there a plan to grow the class out here? I'd be glad to help if there's others ready to run...

Right now my car is has about a 16.5 ratio which places me in the uncompetitive middle of the GTS2 class. If the class goes out here I will add cams, which will get me into the mid 14's, and, despite a lack of talent, I'll be at least somewhat competitive!! So, what's going on...who's in?

-CKKrause

Good Question on Spec3. I'm considering that as well, but I want to see others at least starting their builds before I would change my car over... I got burned on Spec E36 in that no one else did a build out here, so I'm not going to be 1st this time. I figure that with GTS you've got a bunch of different cars that can run, so more of a chance to build a field...

-CKKrause

• 2 weeks later...
I figure that with GTS you've got a bunch of different cars that can run, so more of a chance to build a field...
Not in Norcal, unfortunately. Nobody runs GTS in Norcal. The reason that keeps getting cited is the popularity of POC and BMW club racing in the area.

Honestly I never understood why NASA didn't seem to put any effort in to growing the class. Give the POC/BMW club guys an incentive to run 2 classes/Run groups, like the Miatas get running in PT.

You may want to run the PT numbers on your car, see where you fit. I expect you will be in PTD or PTC, neither of which have large fields.

You can look at the season point from last year to figure out car counts for each class:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/norcal/events/2008seasonpoints.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Honestly I never understood why NASA didn't seem to put any effort in to growing the class. Give the POC/BMW club guys an incentive to run 2 classes/Run groups, like the Miatas get running in PT.

You may want to run the PT numbers on your car, see where you fit. I expect you will be in PTD or PTC, neither of which have large fields.

You can look at the season point from last year to figure out car counts for each class:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/norcal/events/2008seasonpoints.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tom-

I currently race in the BMWCCA's Club Racing and NASA's PTD, although I'll be PTC this year... You're right on PTD being small classes... However, BMWCCA only has 3 races planned in the bay area this year, so I'm hoping we can get others to go to GTS...

-CKKrause