Post pics of your HPDE toy

aben8057

Here's my `85 Merkur XR4Ti that I run with NASA Mid Atlantic, HPDE 3:

_11X1261.JPG

_11X1318.JPG

It has not been out much the past two years but I plan on running nearly every event this year if the car holds up!

Great Xr4ti! Love the Cosworth hood and wing!! I had one in 1990 and I thought it was the coolest.

First post here on the NASA forums. I hope to do as many HPDE events as I can this year once I get back from Afghanistan in June(been here since March 08). Here are some pictures of my car when I was home on leave for two weeks:

At TGPR in Oct in the rain:

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

At VIR in Nov:

leave1481.jpg

leave206.jpg

In it's normal trim:

BrentsToys046.jpg

we see one of those here in the SE from time to time, one of the drivers is wicked fast in it. I don't know what was under the hood, but it was really quick.

If it is a maroon car, it's Cliff Walton and he has a built 302 under the hood. He his a good driver too, fast!

(Most of us XR guys know one another, it's a small community)

is that what those cars have in them, I can't remember if the one I see is a boosted car or not, I seem to remember it being an NA V8. Could be wrong. I will have to look next time I see it. It is usually passing me at a high rate of speed.

Yep. Stock was a 2.3 Turbo. A V8 swap is pretty easy though, so some guys run that configuration.

we see one of those here in the SE from time to time, one of the drivers is wicked fast in it. I don't know what was under the hood, but it was really quick.

If it is a maroon car, it's Cliff Walton and he has a built 302 under the hood. He his a good driver too, fast!

(Most of us XR guys know one another, it's a small community)

I would imagine you do know each other, not a common car. and yes, he was wheeling that thing really well. It sounded great as he went by me a few times. Definitely a surprise to see one when I do.

First post here on the NASA forums.

Brent,

Nice FD and welcome to NASA forums...on my behalf and am sure of others thanx and get back to the states soon

First post here on the NASA forums.

Brent,

Nice FD and welcome to NASA forums...on my behalf and am sure of others thanx and get back to the states soon

Yes, Thanks....hope you get back soon. Super nice ride....I love those cars!

John

• 2 weeks later...

I dig seeing a "collector" car like the S351 out there getting the snot beat out of it, instead of dying a slow death under fluorescent lights in a climate controlled warehouse!

Mark

I dig seeing a "collector" car like the S351 out there getting the snot beat out of it, instead of dying a slow death under fluorescent lights in a climate controlled warehouse!

Mark

True dat. noshen.gif

Here's my 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. Her name is Mia, and she's my daily driver. I took her to several HPDE and autocross events last year. Now that I'm hooked, I'm looking for an NA Miata to turn into a dedicated track toy.

Under heavy breaking going into Turn 5 at Summit Point Main. Note the huge wheel gap in the back.

SummitPoint_1.jpg

On the front straight at Thunderbolt Raceway. This is my favorite photo of the car.

20080806_NJM_HPDE1_Straight_236kB.jpg

In Turn 5 at Thunderbolt Raceway. You can see the small stock intercooler in this photo. I have a much larger intercooler installed now.

20080806_NJM_HPDE1_Left_244kB.jpg

In the Paddock at Thunderbolt.

20080806_NJM_HPDE1_Paddock_160kB.jpg

Michael

1st HPDE - Watkins Glen - May '08 - Green run group

mattglen3.jpg

2nd HPDE - Watkins Glen - Sept. '08 - Green/Yellow run group

20080929_WGI_GRY_5291.jpg

3rd HPDE - Watkins Glen - Oct. '08 - White run group

No photographer at track

I really don't have any good recent pics of my Corolla, so you guys can have this cell phone pic of my buddies' MR2 and my Corolla.

More (better) pics soon.

IMAGE_00026.jpg