Post pics of your HPDE toy

aben8057

Here's my HPDE/autocross car. She may not have much in the way of horsepower, but she handles like a dream.

Sweet! I love the first generation Mister 2.

Here's my HPDE/autocross car. She may not have much in the way of horsepower, but she handles like a dream.

Sweet! I love the first generation Mister 2.

Thanks. It's a lot of fun to drive. I guess in part because it makes you look good out on course. At least until you hit a straight section, anyway. Ah, well. I couldn't ask for a better car to learn on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@ bukit

what kind of carbotech pads are you using? how do they hold up to the abuse?

I started with XP10s on the front and XP8s on the rear. I'm now running an XP12/XP10 front/rear combo. I find the Carbotech pads very well suited to the Corvette. As with any high performance pad they will not last as long as a street pad, dust more and make more noise. I have not tried any other brand but I'm happy with the Carbotechs.

• 2 weeks later...
@ bukit

what kind of carbotech pads are you using? how do they hold up to the abuse?

I started with XP10s on the front and XP8s on the rear. I'm now running an XP12/XP10 front/rear combo. I find the Carbotech pads very well suited to the Corvette. As with any high performance pad they will not last as long as a street pad, dust more and make more noise. I have not tried any other brand but I'm happy with the Carbotechs.

i feel the same way about the carbotechs. i am using what they used to call the panther plus on my 02 sentra spec v. it weighs just under 3,000lbs but the carbotechs have an amazing bite cold or hot. on the street, yeah, they dust up a lot. i clean my wheels weekly. at first the squeaky brakes were annoying but i dont even notice it anymore.

Here's my track toy...ran my first HPDE in April and have already signed up for a few more in the next couple months. I'm HOOKED!

_DSC1368_PS.jpg

_DSC1203_PS.jpg

Thill_13.jpg

heres some pics of my car. i plan on improving enough to move up to hpde2 at midohio in july.

the car is a 2003 Ford Mustang GT Steeda. i have upgraded so far the brakes to cobra spec calipers, fabbed up a rear seat delete kit last night

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1114.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

DSCF1088.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

I just participated in my first HPDE this weekend (one day) in Hastings and LOVED it. I didn't drive my car as it's not ready to take the abuse, but my buddy told me to come out an drive his '97 M3 and after learning the car, I'm hooked!

With that said, I'll be getting some use out of my 2005 STi as it's a great car for this type of use.

33493070011_large.jpg

I may even take my Taurus out a time or two just for grins.

26748934004_large.jpg

• 4 weeks later...