Post pics of your HPDE toy

aben8057

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Kind of an odd choice but it's also my daily driver and can hussle around the track very well. This was a DE1 at Watkins Glen:

20140927_WGI_DE1_1999.jpg

Any info or websites on info for tracking these cars?

Kind of an odd choice but it's also my daily driver and can hussle around the track very well. This was a DE1 at Watkins Glen:

20140927_WGI_DE1_1999.jpg

I was at the event running the blue Focus ST. You were kickin' ass in HPDE1! My buddy and I had some entertainment watching you pass some impressive machinery. You seemed to have the same problem I did getting traction coming out of the boot in turn 9.

I was at the event running the blue Focus ST. You were kickin' ass in HPDE1! My buddy and I had some entertainment watching you pass some impressive machinery. You seemed to have the same problem I did getting traction coming out of the boot in turn 9.

Heh, thanks. I was struggling getting a good line out of 9 that let me put power down towards the end. Earlier on I just kept it in 4th.

Which group were you running with? I do recall seeing your blue ST there and, in fact, my girlfriend has a kick going around photographing cars all around the track. I took a quick look and pulled these down:

focus_st.gif

The stills are here:

http://demandred.dyndns.org/~nick/ST/

There may be more, she took over 700 pictures. Luckily that was in the first group and you were by yourself there so it was easy to spot in my thumbnails.

Hi Nick. Nice to see you (and your car) on here.

I think I got the edge of your car from the Sunday Session 1 line up.

15410828172_c334b6958a_c.jpg

And here's one I paid for.

15410831022_a87314fd20_c.jpg

Hope to see you out there again sometime! It was my first time at Watkins and the whole weekend was really a lot of fun.

-Jeff

Hi Nick. Nice to see you (and your car) on here.

I think I got the edge of your car from the Sunday Session 1 line up.

15410828172_c334b6958a_c.jpg

And here's one I paid for.

15410831022_a87314fd20_c.jpg

Hope to see you out there again sometime! It was my first time at Watkins and the whole weekend was really a lot of fun.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff, yeah, I remember chatting with you in the DE1 meeting. It was a great day and dang, you were quick as heck around there too. I actually have a video I took from my dash, I was behind a white (or silver) BRZ and you were infront. We pretty much kept that line-up the entire session. I'll toss it up on youtube and send it to you if you like. I also probably have lots of pictures of your car. I'll have to check.

Hey Jeff, yeah, I remember chatting with you in the DE1 meeting. It was a great day and dang, you were quick as heck around there too. I actually have a video I took from my dash, I was behind a white (or silver) BRZ and you were infront. We pretty much kept that line-up the entire session. I'll toss it up on youtube and send it to you if you like. I also probably have lots of pictures of your car. I'll have to check.

Quick? That can't be right. Every time there's an article posted about the FT86 platform, a thousand people come out of the wood work to complain about how slow it is and how their family mini van (and a clapped out Mack truck) will blow it away.

OK, fair is fair, when you told me you were hitting close to 130 mph before braking into the bus stop it was a real eye opener. Even with an after market exhaust, a catless header and a stage II ECU tune, I was only hitting about 116~117 mph in the same spot. Maybe 118 if I left my braking really late. And in some sessions, I could feel a lot of cars start breathing down my neck on the front straight. But the car is so well balanced and has a nice low COG, right from the factory, that a set of sticky tires and more aggressive brake pads makes it a dream to drive. I actually had no problem putting power down out of turn 9. But maybe I just didn't have that much to put down.

Post a link to the video and any pictures. I'd LOVE to see it. I didn't get any video out of that session.

Here's one more with your car in the background...

15407977761_02c7d89f62_b.jpg

Heh, thanks. I was struggling getting a good line out of 9 that let me put power down towards the end. Earlier on I just kept it in 4th.

Which group were you running with? I do recall seeing your blue ST there and, in fact, my girlfriend has a kick going around photographing cars all around the track. I took a quick look and pulled these down:

focus_st.gif

The stills are here:

http://demandred.dyndns.org/~nick/ST/

There may be more, she took over 700 pictures. Luckily that was in the first group and you were by yourself there so it was easy to spot in my thumbnails.

Thank you for showing that to me! I started in HPDE1 because it was my first event with NASA. I have been racing most of my life and have run the Glen before, so after the first session I was bumped to HPDE2. The Focus did great, but I have a Mustang that is more track duty I plan on running next year.

So I managed to get all the pictures my gf took from that day and toss them in a gallery. There's over 700 pictures and many are shots like MattKremers's ST, in motion.

http://galleries.shacknet.nu/trackdays/thumbnails.php?album=2

I also found pictures from last year's Watkin's Glen event as well:

http://galleries.shacknet.nu/trackdays/thumbnails.php?album=1

The quality is turned down on all the pictures to save space, so if you see any you want with the least compression and highest resolution, just message me and I can send them to you.

So I managed to get all the pictures my gf took from that day and toss them in a gallery. There's over 700 pictures and many are shots like MattKremers's ST, in motion.

Hey, that's great Nick--thanks for putting all of these up! She certainly was busy.

If you ever post that video up to YouTube, please send me the link.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a few of you are somewhat local to me. I'm hoping to hit up the glen a few times next summer. OLOA drained all my funds in 2014 so I didn't get to the track as much as I would have liked.

1995 impreza with 2005 sti drivetrain swap.

10352752_661677963887822_7917206310110205191_n_zpsb16daed9.jpg

The good news is that I made it into GRM magazine last month

xwhurE2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's my HPDE Toy, two tons of joy

HPDE_08_06-404a_zps00192342.jpg

Made her a hood:

HPDE_08_06-405b_zpsa6f02d70.jpg

Meech55Pitting_zps6b4aa3d4.jpg

Catching the Z4 in NJMP Thunderbolt in the Octopus Turn

Meech55BMW_zps0e4cda73.jpg

In the rain

Meech55Rain_zpsf9aa0da6.jpg

Carrera 4S

Meech55PorscheGTS4_zpsbf0a9bc5.jpg

427 Track Pak Mustang

Meech55Stang_zps67a7b416.jpg

20141102_115756_zps736e2cd6.jpg

TrackMistress60_zps74ce0802.png

TrackMistress1_zps4a53b1f3.jpg

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

2011 Mustang GT (Black # 52). Could've used a better picture with more car detail but I really this parade of ponies going into turn 10 at Road Atlanta.

1J6A5306_zpsi9e2elmu.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is my third year using this car for HPDE, however, it's looking like I will start doing TT with it soon.

17043648279_1e7521f270_b.jpg

17904632021_a61b615682_b.jpg

17877707806_3b0b7b8fb8_b.jpg

Edited by Guest

When I was looking to get back into going track again a few years ago, I looked at my STi and said... 1. It's in pristine condition and 2. there's too much stuff to go wrong and heat to control... and, the motors are not particularly strong.

When I was looking to get back into going track again a few years ago, I looked at my STi and said... 1. It's in pristine condition and 2. there's too much stuff to go wrong and heat to control... and, the motors are not particularly strong.

Tell me about it! S2k or E36 M3 are my real track car choices. Something streetable that I can still have fun with, that's not FI and worth much less!

• 2 months later...