Post pics of your HPDE toy

aben8057

You should put the original motor back in it, I don't think that anyone would ever see a smoke screen like that English cars can make.

It's nice to have something like that where you can just have an idea, and go do it without worrying about class rules.

To show you how equally screwy I am, I stumbled across a 1986 Jaguar XJ-S on Craigslist for $500 that (initially) seems like it would be fun to throw around a track with an LS1 under the hood and every unnecessary part in a dumpster. lol

Mark

Most of the necessary ones belong in the dumpster, too. lol The English word for Garbage is "Lucas".

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, i just joined NASA today and plan on attending the NJMP event on 6/21. im real excited to be a part of this club!

my car is as follows

2008 civic si 2dr (fg2)

Honda Factory Performance suspension

Mugen GP wheels

BFG 215/40ZR18 KDW2 g-force tires

Fujita SRI

Custom Invidia exhaust

magnetic drain plugs for engine/trans

i think im forgeting some stuff.

might get a thicker rear sway bar before the event

heres my car

propic1.jpg

moogens.jpg

DSC07200.jpg

DSC07199.jpg

and my dads toy next to it

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03763.jpg

i race in forza too if anyone wants to hit me up!

forzasi.jpg

check out my nj plate.. lol

forzasivtak.jpg

all comments welcome!

Edited by Guest

Welcome wrecked. I too am new to the forum; however, not new to the sport. IMHO, videos of excavation of speed and reckless driving on public roads do not belong in a HDPE forum. It just doesn’t follow the spirit of the forum or the sport for that matter.

By the way your Civic is a perfect start off point.

Welcome wrecked. I too am new to the forum; however, not new to the sport. IMHO, videos of exhibition of speed and reckless driving on public roads do not belong in a HDPE forum. It just doesn’t follow the spirit of the forum or the sport for that matter.

+1 I would save that stuff for the Honda forums, they might like it.

Ummmm yeah...fortunately, HPDE will likely cure you of documenting tuner-boi neighborhood flybys.

Also, resist the urge to modify your car too much before your abilities outgrow the existing car setup.

Mark

Welcome wrecked. I too am new to the forum; however, not new to the sport. IMHO, videos of exhibition of speed and reckless driving on public roads do not belong in a HDPE forum. It just doesn’t follow the spirit of the forum or the sport for that matter.

cathonda.jpg

cathonda.jpg

win

Ummmm yeah...fortunately, HPDE will likely cure you of documenting tuner-boi neighborhood flybys.

Also, resist the urge to modify your car too much before your abilities outgrow the existing car setup.

Mark

i agree. i am probly going to get rid of this car in two years and pick up a gen 1 or 2 (or gen 3 if im lucky, 06 coupe would be sweet) viper myself.

Mark

i agree. i am probly going to get rid of this car in two years and pick up a gen 1 or 2 (or gen 3 if im lucky, 06 coupe would be sweet) viper myself.

Let us know what insurance company you plan on going with, I would be interested to see if they even insure you.

why do you doubt they will insure me? id probably be going with Allstate and in two years ill be 21. I don't have any points on my license or had any accidents..

why do you doubt they will insure me? id probably be going with Allstate and in two years ill be 21. I don't have any points on my license or had any accidents..

Because you've never owned a Viper. It's a car that is in a constant state of wanting to rip your face off. The last young guy I knew to have a viper also had a clean record, and he only got in one wreck with the Viper after he got it..... at about 160mph. Lucky to be alive, though he's got a limp to remind him.

When the power is there, it's too tempting not to use it and too addictive once you've started. They know this, and they probably won't want your risk. If they do, they'll charge you more than the car costs... I'm not kidding about that.

i am probly going to get rid of this car in two years and pick up a gen 1 or 2 (or gen 3 if im lucky, 06 coupe would be sweet) viper myself.

Why get rid of your Civic? You could learn so much in that car. Just don't go crazy on the modifications, and spend most of your money on seat time.

why do you doubt they will insure me? id probably be going with Allstate and in two years ill be 21.

You just listed why I doubt they will insure you.

im insured for my dads car and i don't think its too much.

Yeah, I'm sure he has you down for secondary driver. Call up your agent and see how much it would be for just you on the car under your own name. Then let me know how affordable it is.

My father and I share a Panoz GTRA. The car came from Sebring and was a Penske fleet car, hence the cool paintjob vs. being all white. It was purchased in October 2007 due to the desire to move into a race car w/ a full cage vs. the C5Z06s we'd been driving (each have our own). We ran 1 event in 2007 and 4 in 2008... the car is very robust and handles/stops great, but it was a real slug on the straights esp at VIR which is our home track.

Car is prep'd around NASA ST2 rules... I hope to compete in 2010.

zomgapanoz2800.jpg

Stock 5.slow... it was much uglier when we got it. I tuned it up and painted some parts.

zomgapanoz5800.jpg

Post AFR heads, Ed Curtis cam, and carb swap w/ a Pro-Stystems setup.

zomgapanoz%2067%20800.jpg

Before/after dyno comparison... now it'll do more than look and sound fast

Panozbeforeandafter.jpg

Going to run VIR Grand East w/ Mazdadrivers in a few weeks, then VIR full w/ them again in August, then who knows, then eventually Synergy Racing's fall fling. I do want to figure out what TT class this car falls into now and run some of those then eventually go to comp school and run ST2 next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want Dan to feel like the only Audi represented here! Just one NASA event under the belt (HPDE2) -- hope to do many more!

My two at Willow Springs...

2001.5 Audi S4, 6spd, lots of upgrades

2488791140081567925S600x600Q85.jpg

2475881000081567925S600x600Q85.jpg

2008 Audi RS4, 6spd, bone stock (for now)

3&touched=1243358889

2828543760081567925S600x600Q85.jpg