Post pics of your HPDE toy

aben8057

Let's keep the Audi theme going.

BW0409.jpg

BW040901.jpg

tbucklin, it was nice to meet you at WSIR this past weekend. Love the car! Unfortunately, my alternator gave up the ghost at the start of the 3rd session and I called it a weekend.

Really nice to see the Audis!! I've been using my S4 (2001.5 with stage 3 kit, etc. but full interior) for a while in HPDE, and it has been a lot of fun to let the car loose on the racetrack, and not have to worry about a speeding ticket. I recently got a 1999 Civic that is basically setup for Honda Challenge H2 if I get to that point. The Civic has a full roll cage, harnesses, and fire system, so I figured it would be safer if something went wrong, and should be cheaper to fix if something breaks. Anyway, I attached some pictures of the S4 from Laguna Seca and Infineon, and one for the Civic from Thunderhill. - Jim

_HOP2016.jpg

_HOP3855.jpg

Infineonturn2.jpg

Thunderhill_Apr09.jpg

I sold Audis for a bit... the RS4 is a wonderful car... handles surprisingly well for a car with the engine so far forward.

How 'bout some more good 'ole American Muscle!

Latest from recent track day @ Thunderhill...

_HOP4089.jpg

My daughter following me through turn 10 @ T-Hill. And some video of the same -

_HOP1626.jpg

Me leading a group through the esses @ T-Hill.

Don't want Dan to feel like the only Audi represented here! Just one NASA event under the belt (HPDE2) -- hope to do many more!

2008 Audi RS4, 6spd, bone stock (for now)

Thanks big Fella!!

I'm moving this month to Woodland hills (a house w/a garage!).

Becaue of that, I might not be at Buttonwillow at the end of the month, but I should be at Fontana at the end of July.

It'll be hot, but worth it for you drive your RS4 on the oval and banking!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really sure, we think it was oil starvation. Blew it coming through turn 1 at Homestead Miami. Covered a WHITE 08 Cayman S that was on my tail in 5 qts of Royal Purple

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Haven't been to a NASA event, but I go to HPDE's as much as I can afford to!

Here's my little 05 Mustang 6er:

_DSC5445.jpg

SoW22009004.jpg

And a fun video I've made:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Love all the cars in this thread!

When she was stock, with first mod: SSR wheels. Check the wheel gap up front!

new.jpg

Current ride height. TGP in the rain

TGPrain.jpg

Blue skies at Barber MSP

Sky.jpg

Action:

barber-1.jpg

Sig has link to Streetfire profile w/ more pics

Guys,

Great pics...keep them comming soon it will be winter and we will be hibernating.

Here are some new ones from last month at NJMP. We attended a 2 day event with the PCA club. The first day was nice and dry, with the second nothing but downpour. Great way to learn car control.

sg1l1247.jpg

sg1l1252.jpg

sg1l1251.jpg

sg1l1259.jpg

Track-toy.jpg

Picture taken during the PCA NNJR event at Watkins Glen over the 14-16 August weekend. Fun times!

This is my 'weekend driver', as my doddering '96 Dodge minivan covers the 'daily driver' aspect. I'd love to use the -8 as the daily, but the little quirk with rotary engines being shut down cool is not something to be taken lightly. "Too short a commute", not the most common complaint you've ever heard...

Hey all, just registered. Also just completed my first NASA event (Summer Summit) this weekend, only my second event overall (other was with the BMWCCA). Had a great time, definitely plan to do more.

Hopped in here to look around, saw this thread, and figured this is as good an intro post as any.

My '06 M3 below. It's not really a 'daily-driver' (only sees weekend use), but it's the only car I have. Commute in with the missus in her '08 Cooper S. Very few mods, just suspension and CDV.

paul.003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here is my car, its a 2004 SVT Focus. Let me know what you think?

SI850292-1.jpg

SI850291.jpg

Pretty cool... I would like to see more SVT's (Focus, Lightning, Mustang) at the track!

Here is my 1990 Z51 at Gingerman this spring. I am currently building an engine for it to run in TTA.

n53802358_30682163_135990.jpg

And on at Nelson Ledges which is my home track.

IMG00039-20090829-1329.jpg

It is still me daily driver that get some track action!

^^^^ Amazing you can see the car while at nelson in the grass! Last time i was there we vowed to never go back without a commercial lawnmower

Great to see that has changed

^^^^ Amazing you can see the car while at nelson in the grass! Last time i was there we vowed to never go back without a commercial lawnmower

Great to see that has changed

Wow it must have been a while for you! The grass has been low for a while, plus there have been flush toilets for several years!

• 2 weeks later...