dpereda

iRacing and Sim Racing

dpereda

Is anyone here on iRacing? I have been using iRacing for about 2 weeks, just wanted to see if there are any partner in crime on here.

TTrussell

been a member since july Travis Trussell

adambrouillard

Tried it for awhile, just doesn't seem worth the money here in Atlanta.

thonczarenko

I plan on joining in the next couple of weeks. Are there still people here using it?

I want to practice VIR for my first AI race there in March '10.

Thanks!

Todd

rlipner

I'm on iracing. Great to learn new tracks but has been very frustrating in racing enviroments. At least for myself without the sense of my seat of the pants feel it is hard for me to get up to speed without over or under correcting and then crashing. But as I said, great to learn new tracks.

thonczarenko

I'll be joining tonight and trying it out myself. I googled some reviews and all came back very positive.

-Todd

stevelaclair
I'm on iracing. Great to learn new tracks but has been very frustrating in racing enviroments. At least for myself without the sense of my seat of the pants feel it is hard for me to get up to speed without over or under correcting and then crashing. But as I said, great to learn new tracks.

Agreed, but that's an inherent flaw of any simulator. I just picked up a G27 wheel and fired it up last night. Tried out VIR and Mid Ohio and the trackmaps were 100% spot on. I ran a few practice sessions with others and it was a hoot.

My name on there is Steven LaClair

08Bullitt0572

I joined back in September and bought a Logitech G27 racing wheel set. I think it is an awesome way to prepare for a new track. I drove Road Atlanta and then watched some videos on YouTube and it so accurate from a visual sense. I know it is not the same as actually driving it but at least I feel like I know it well enough that I will not be so nervous my first time on it next month.

little pissant

Just joined iracing a month ago, anybody want to race?

little pissant

hey anybody that is on iracing is welcome this saturday 12/10/11 for a night of road atlanta. the session will be from 7 to 9. At road atlanta with three equally matched cars. anybody is welcome and the password is pissant.

thonczarenko

I want to bump this thread back to the top.

Anybody want to race on iracing? I have recently added Brandon to my "friends" in iracing, so I am one step closer to racing some fellow NASAers.

I know the weather is getting nice and most will not be sim racing as much, but I hope we can get a race organized soon.

I am dividing up my time with getting my car ready for the 2012 season, iracing, and hanging out with my family; actually it feels more like juggling.

Joel Hamilton

add me I am on iRacing. i am also part of the iRacecenter.

Joel Hamilton
Just joined iracing a month ago, anybody want to race?

I want to race.

RacerXJS

i am in the middle of a warranty claim with Logitech (G27) but looking forward to the chance to race y'all