• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric W.

• Trackrocket

• maxxfish

• FlyingDog

• Members
Are you serious Eric? Everyone left?

I'm gonna try to run the full MA schedule this year. Hope there's someone to race with.

So far I can only think of:

Eric Wong

Doug Pascarella (car for sale)

Josh Smith

Bob Turgeon

Mike Lin

Kenyatta Jenkins (Porsche 996)

People who left:

Olivier Raoust

Michael Dayton

Luke Belevard

Max Fischer (GTS4 now)

Tim Costa (bought a Koni car)

Maybe Jeff Curtis will run GTS3? I know last couple events he gave it a shot...

Edited by Guest

• Members

Ah.. forgot about good ol Bob! Ill update list above.

Im trying to get a buddy of mine to do comp school in Feb, but that'd be pushing it as he has no cage yet. Also added KJ.. man, MA GTS3 is turning into a Porsche class!

Im trying to get a buddy of mine to do comp school in Feb, but that'd be pushing it as he has no cage yet.

Where is he? Let us know if we can help push.
Also added KJ.. man, MA GTS3 is turning into a Porsche class!
That's the way it should be! Except most have the engine in the wrong end...

• Members

Im trying to get a buddy of mine to do comp school in Feb, but that'd be pushing it as he has no cage yet.

Where is he? Let us know if we can help push.
Also added KJ.. man, MA GTS3 is turning into a Porsche class!
That's the way it should be! Except most have the engine in the wrong end...

He is out of the NE (New Jersey). He's been doing a lot of DEs and his learning rate is quite good. He has the whole diesel pickup and enclosed trailer too. Only thing missing now is a cage and some friendly trash talking to get him to make the jump

Im going to keep calling him the HPDE High King Champion until he does!

Matt, if you build an early 928 with a stock 4.5 it would probably be 2800lbs with 230hp and fit nicely into GTS3. Just sayin'.

BTW, mine is a perfect 3 car but I've run non DOTs which just nudged it into 4, they were cheap though

I have an 84 Euro S. I'm aiming for 3000lb then detune the engine to the max of GTS3. The car is 3100lbs with AC, most of the interior, insulation, etc. still in it. I haven't dynoed it but 260-280 is normal for an average condition M28.21 through a 5-spd. If I went to GTS4 I could probably get 300-310 out of it without major work.

My 79 is 2780 race weight with me and some fuel. It is a light car but at Road Atlanta I always wish for more power even if it were heavier because of that stupidly long straightaway

Are you serious Eric? Everyone left?

I'm gonna try to run the full MA schedule this year. Hope there's someone to race with.

So far I can only think of:

Eric Wong

Doug Pascarella (car for sale)

Josh Smith

Bob Turgeon

Mike Lin

Kenyatta Jenkins (Porsche 996)

People who left:

Olivier Raoust

Michael Dayton

Luke Belevard

Max Fischer (GTS4 now)

Tim Costa (bought a Koni car)

Maybe Jeff Curtis will run GTS3? I know last couple events he gave it a shot...

Damn, I did not even make the list I know I did not finish (or make the start) any races last year but i tried twice

I think I still have a HG issue even thought RRT just replaced it......looks like I will take a break for 09.

Matt

Eric, I will do a few MA races. Prob Vir and summit. The bulk of my racing will be in the NE. Doing a lot of work to my car this off season. Looking to be a player in GTS3. Looking forward too the competition. Hope GTS3 has the growth that it deserves. It's great racing. How cold is VIR in Feb.?

• Members
Eric, I will do a few MA races. Prob Vir and summit. The bulk of my racing will be in the NE. Doing a lot of work to my car this off season. Looking to be a player in GTS3. Looking forward too the competition. Hope GTS3 has the growth that it deserves. It's great racing. How cold is VIR in Feb.?

Looking forward to racing with ya Hugh.

VIR in Feb can have a wide variety. One year it was snowing/sleeting.. and then I think another it was in the 60s?

I am moving to the Raleigh/Durham area next summer. I currently run with the Great Lakes group,,, but it looks like I will be "hopefully" racing with the MA crowd next summer.

JB

I'll DEFINITELY be running the full 2009 season (even with the new baby, my wife gave me the go-ahead!). And my car is finally sorted, so I hope to be very competitive in GTS-4 (and I'm just trying to forget about ALL of last season).

Anyone considering the Feb. VIR race, do it! It's a good primer for the season, and I'm sure that the new Chateau Wonger Enclosed Trailer will have heat, hot chocolate, and spooning galore.

• Members
I'll DEFINITELY be running the full 2009 season (even with the new baby, my wife gave me the go-ahead!). And my car is finally sorted, so I hope to be very competitive in GTS-4 (and I'm just trying to forget about ALL of last season).

Anyone considering the Feb. VIR race, do it! It's a good primer for the season, and I'm sure that the new Chateau Wonger Enclosed Trailer will have heat, hot chocolate, and spooning galore.

LOL! You gonna do the Friday test day?

Wait till you see my interior...

E,

I was gonna do the Tarheel Sportscar club event on Feb 7-8 as a test and tune, but I may just consolidate and run the Friday practice with Nasa. Much easier logistically. How many session do we get on the Friday open practice?

• Members
E,

I was gonna do the Tarheel Sportscar club event on Feb 7-8 as a test and tune, but I may just consolidate and run the Friday practice with Nasa. Much easier logistically. How many session do we get on the Friday open practice?

I think 4?

Did u get my email on your tires and PS pump?

Yeah, I'm kinda preparing to jump into the fray. Removing what PCA will let me remove and it's just not going to be enough to scrub paint off yer bumper there Eric but I'll sure as hell try!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MICHAEL DAYTON?? DAMN, I was looking forward to racing against him again...as he used to be a tough one in GTS2.

I kinda "fried" my motor at the Nationals with the fan belt broke and I said the hell with it and went 2 laps...I have NEVER seen my engine temps that hot! Looks like I'll have a good used replacement motor here soon, nothing special but at least I can chip and header the thing to squeeze out a few more ponies.

Thinking the Hoosier non-DOT slicks might help me out - anyone wanna "spot" me my first set??

I hope that Michael and Lane jump into the fray as well, good drivers, nicely setup cars...but they like PCA quite a bit, as do I but my heart belongs to good 'ol NASA for the most part.

• Members
Yeah, I'm kinda preparing to jump into the fray. Removing what PCA will let me remove and it's just not going to be enough to scrub paint off yer bumper there Eric but I'll sure as hell try!

WHAT HAPPENED TO MICHAEL DAYTON?? DAMN, I was looking forward to racing against him again...as he used to be a tough one in GTS2..

He sold his car. Has some other plans for 09 which may include NASA, but with a different car and maybe not GTS3. Looks like Martin Britos is making the trek down from NASA-NE for Feb VIR though. Now we need a few more!

I was gonna do the Tarheel Sportscar club event on Feb 7-8 as a test and tune, but I may just consolidate and run the Friday practice with Nasa. Much easier logistically.

unless you know your car 100% ready to race, i would recommend doing the earlier event as a shakedown weekend...worst case, you have some time fix any issues you find (instead of possibly losing a race weekend) and best case, you get some good seat time to dial the car and driver in...

• Members
I was gonna do the Tarheel Sportscar club event on Feb 7-8 as a test and tune, but I may just consolidate and run the Friday practice with Nasa. Much easier logistically.

unless you know your car 100% ready to race, i would recommend doing the earlier event as a shakedown weekend...worst case, you have some time fix any issues you find (instead of possibly losing a race weekend) and best case, you get some good seat time to dial the car and driver in...

Typically yes. But all the seat time in the world could never get Max dialed in