MidAtlantic Region GTS3?

Eric W.

• Members
11 in GTS3!!!

I guess I should mount up my new tires... No way Im bringing knives to this shootout!

nice!

hmm, might have to come up and run with you guys but my car is definiltely a knife for gts-3 now...

Gank some weight out! Want me to bring you my CF hood and trunk? That's a good 30lbs or so. Then you can go on a crash diet for a week for the rest of the weight!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eric W.

• Trackrocket

• maxxfish

• FlyingDog

At least you guys would be a "knife" - I'm maybe a SPOON if I'm lucky!

11 in GTS3, that's awesome...GTS2 field looks pretty good as well.

• Members
That's a good 30lbs or so.

just ~350-400 lbs to go

Dont sandbag... I know your JP times are already faster than most GTS3 guys With the CF hood/trunk, you'd end up beating me! Yea, I think it might be better if you just ran GTS2

2 in GTS4 (spoke w/ Tim Costa over the weekend and he and Derek Schwartz may register).

Nice GTS representation at this March event! Trying to recruit even more people. Pretty soon they'll have to give us our own run group

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=peziN7dv--3Xg3wuDqsUMFQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eric, any word from Tim and Derek? I'd love to have some more P-car competition!

• Members
2 in GTS4 (spoke w/ Tim Costa over the weekend and he and Derek Schwartz may register).

Nice GTS representation at this March event! Trying to recruit even more people. Pretty soon they'll have to give us our own run group

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=peziN7dv--3Xg3wuDqsUMFQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eric, any word from Tim and Derek? I'd love to have some more P-car competition!

Tim is throwing the idea of running in GTS3 w/ 200# ballast, which I think is not possible for a Koni 996. But I dunno what he has for motor. He did get a new crate motor, so maybe it isnt built yet, dunno. Havent heard from Derek.

When I brought the KONI Challenge 996 to Summit Point last August we figured out we'd need about 400lbs of ballast to get in GTS3.

I guess it all depends on what dyno sheet ya bring.

• Members
When I brought the KONI Challenge 996 to Summit Point last August we figured out we'd need about 400lbs of ballast to get in GTS3.

I guess it all depends on what dyno sheet ya bring.

Is there gonna be a dyno at VIR this time?

I also got mesg from Bob Turgeon. He got his trans in and if he fixes in time, that would make 12 in GTS3! Is that more than we had at nationals?!

I also got mesg from Bob Turgeon. He got his trans in and if he fixes in time, that would make 12 in GTS3! Is that more than we had at nationals?!

There were 14 in GTS-3.

• Members

There were 14 in GTS-3.

Still, not bad. Time for me to recruit 2 more

There were 14 in GTS-3.

Still, not bad. Time for me to recruit 2 more

No, not bad at all! And, should it be 3

[quote="magnetic1

Is there gonna be a dyno at VIR this time?

Eric,

There is now a permanent Dyno at the VIPIR building near the upper bathrooms. It is not a DynoJet, but I talked to the operator, and he said that they have a DynoJet correction factor.

Note that for GTS, we DO NOT need to have our dyno sheets provided from a DynoJet, BUT any impound/protesting will be performed on a DynoJet, so you don't want your numbers to be too far off.

I'll be getting my official dyno sheet at the VIPIR facility on Friday or Saturday. I know I've got about 200 pounds to lose to be at the edge of GTS-4, so I'm not too worried about the correction factor accuracy. But you and your cheater S52 should be!

• Members

Note that for GTS, we DO NOT need to have our dyno sheets provided from a DynoJet, BUT any impound/protesting will be performed on a DynoJet, so you don't want your numbers to be too far off.

I'll be getting my official dyno sheet at the VIPIR facility on Friday or Saturday. I know I've got about 200 pounds to lose to be at the edge of GTS-4, so I'm not too worried about the correction factor accuracy. But you and your cheater S52 should be!

I thought the GTS rules were pretty specific in that it had to be a DynoJet?

They can impound me all they want. You know how many free dynos I got last year? Im going to need to start logging more data during those pulls so I can use them to tune

I thought the GTS rules were pretty specific in that it had to be a DynoJet?)

Competitors may use any brand of dyno for certification, but all compliance runs at events will be made on a Dynojet Model 248, 224, or 424 in SAE mode with a smoothing factor of 4 so it is highly recommended to use one of those dynos with those settings for certification to avoid any errors in classification.

At your own risk

• Members

I guess the point I was getting at was, unless NASA-MA brings in a dynojet (like they do for Summit Point), there will be no ability to enforce anything at VIR since the VIR dyno is not a dynojet.

That would be AWESOME to race with Bob as well! Cool.

There IS a dyno at VIR, it is at the end of the paddock, by the "other" restrooms...the college motorsports endeaver is called VIPER...

• Members
OH BOY!! ...RAIN RACING!!

"The Great Equalizer" -

But dont Porsche guys park their cars when it rains? I mean, you cant get the interior all wet and nasty right?

But don't Porsche guys park their cars when it rains? I mean, you cant get the interior all wet and nasty right?

Interior? WHAT interior?

YEAH...WHAT INTERIOR??

Just an FYI, I had a whole bunch of 2's and 3's made up this evening at a local vinyl guy's shop...I have a dozen of each in white and black.

If there is a demand for 1's, 4's and 5's - I can have those made up as well, they are EXACTLY like Scott's #s, they are 3.5" Verdana BOLD Italic and will match the height of the new GTS decal perfectly, just like in the pic of Scott's car.

Reference "More GTS Stickers Available" thread...

Email me if you want a pair, they cost me a little over a $1 a pair to have made, so with postage let's call it $2 - fair??

I'll have them at VIR this weekend as well - just trying to help out.

jefcATmindspringDOTcom - take out the AT and DOT and replace with the appropriate characters.