instructors and upgrades

almeda07

its not unheard of, but it is rare...

Your instructor should never ask, it should only be offered and even then taken only when there is a legitimate need to show the student something that you couldn't show them with your own car. And its a big risk to boot, you'd better be ready to cut them a check for the car and if you can't I wouldn't do it.

It can be an amazing eye opener to some students (like me). I had had a dozen rides with instructors, but never in my own car (or any miata). A person who has instructed me with NASA drove my car at TGPR.

For a total momentum car, it really helped.

Allie,

You really need to read the rules. Carefully. Start with the Club Codes and Regulations (CCR). This will help you understand the NASA requirements for you to attain a race license. It will also explain the general safety requirements for HPDE, TT and racing.

Then read the SM rules for specific requirements for your car.

Most of your questions will be answered in those two documents. Until you read them, you're likely to make some bad assumptions and you'll be missing out on lots of good info.