Who said you couldn't buy a BIW 2005 Mustang?

mwilson7

Dean,

I don't see any big reasons not to build it, the suspension stock is probably as good a geometry as most aftermarket peices for fox/sn95's. A brand new car is going to take a while for you to get used to and dial in so I would build it and use next year as the testing time.

Richard

Reliable source: http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news02.asp

And there are reports of people getting them already:

http://www.mustangweekly.com/2004/october/news/N10_3_3R.ASP

Richard Pedersen

NASA TX AI #91

I didn't realize that they are listing the price. When I was looking a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find the cost. So I guess its not a real news flash. I always seem to be just a step behind. Just last week I heard that "Members Only" jackets are out of style. Next your going to tell me that parachute pants are no longer in.

Dean,

I don't see any big reasons not to build it, the suspension stock is probably as good a geometry as most aftermarket peices for fox/sn95's. A brand new car is going to take a while for you to get used to and dial in so I would build it and use next year as the testing time.

Richard

The trouble will be getting the stock suspension pieces. Until they start hitting junk yards, there won't be many parts available. I sure can't afford buying new parts.

Dean,

Richard

The trouble will be getting the stock suspension pieces. Until they start hitting junk yards, there won't be many parts available. I sure can't afford buying new parts.

Dean,

I see your point, time to get on the phone to all the aftermarket companies and see who is already working on suspension peices and then see who would like to sponsor the first 05 Mustang in American Iron.

It might work out cheaper than you think.

Richard.

Be adventurous. Parts cars will be out there soon. Here’s one that didn’t even make it to dealer prep before being totaled out.

post-7-1098328084.jpg

Richard Pedersen

NASA TX AI #91

• 3 weeks later...
Dean,

So what did you decide?

Did you pick your BIW up?

I decided to pass on the chance. Considering how different everything is, I financially just can't do it right now. It would be at least a year long project and I am still hoping to race next year.

I emailed both Griggs and MM about future suspension parts and neither one has emailed me back.

Dean,

So what did you decide?

I decided to pass on the chance. Considering how different everything is, I financially just can't do it right now. It would be at least a year long project and I am still hoping to race next year.

I emailed both Griggs and MM about future suspension parts and neither one has emailed me back.

I can sympathize. I'm helping my friend Matt (AI #29) put together an 05 for next year and it's going to difficult.

Have you given any thought to an 03/04 BIW. I still see those for sale. The overlap of parts may be enough to make it feasible.

Dean,

So what did you decide?

I can sympathize. I'm helping my friend Matt (AI #29) put together an 05 for next year and it's going to difficult.

Have you given any thought to an 03/04 BIW. I still see those for sale. The overlap of parts may be enough to make it feasible.

I hope your friend matt realizes that there is already a #29 AI car running and we don't want another confusion on pit road leading to one car starting in the improper spot......again.

Dean,

So what did you decide?

I hope your friend matt realizes that there is already a #29 AI car running and we don't want another confusion on pit road leading to one car starting in the improper spot......again.

My bad. He's #27. 29 is my old number.