Hoosier Tire Contingency for 2009

ianacole

I spoke with Jeff Speer at Hoosier yesterday and he confirmed that Hoosier will be continuing with their awesome contingency program in the same format as 2008 for all the NASA W2W racing series! Absolutely fantastic news for those running Hoosiers!!!

Fantastic! Hoosier has been a great partner with Nasa and their contingency program is first class. Jeff Speers has been extremely easy to work with and does a great job. Makes me want to run R6s on my street cars!

Brad

If this is true, awesome news!!!!! Did Jeff mention when they might make the announcement?

As far as formal one, no, he did not give a time frame. They are still considering a couple of additional contingencies to include, but the program will be no less than last year, perhaps more. But he did give me direct permission to state the above, so somewhat official?

• Members

Jeff Speer rocks, as well as Tim Gilven. Had the pleasure of meeting both during the course of 2008 and were always SUPER helpful.

Hoosier rocks! More of the purple juice for me!

Jeff Speer is awesome to work with, as are all the Hoosier engineers and track support folks. Great to hear they are back on board for 2009.

-Scott B.

That is terrific news. I owe a lot of my success last year to their contingency program. Great tires and even better people to work with.

THANKS HOOSIER!

That is terrific news. I owe a lot of my success last year to their contingency program. Great tires and even better people to work with.

THANKS HOOSIER!

"A LOT" ??

Couldn't resist...

"A LOT" ??

Couldn't resist...

Yeah. I'd like to think a little of it was other factors...like you being kind enough not to pass me ...but without the Hoosier contingency I probably woudn't have run as many races.

Scott,

You had a dominant season, hands down!

I should not have hijacked this thread with humor. Hoosier was a huge help to a lot of us. It took one of their engineers to notice and figure out that my pyrometer was off by some 22-25 degrees. That helped me turn things around this season. Their tires worked great and the contingency is spot on. Thanks Hoosier for re-upping!

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

This is great. I was unsure of what tires I'd run this coming season but more and more it just looks like Hoosier is the one to run. Their contingency is awesome, love the support. Now the real question is R100 or R6. ; )

Cheers.

Put in my application couple of weeks ago and haven't received the packet.

Contact Jeff Speer at (574) 784-3152; he'll be able to get it straightened out.

Jeff was very responsive.

So let me get this straight. I was looking at the contingency. Are you telling me that if a guy, say me, wins both races on a given weekend and there were at least 3 cars in my class for both, that I just earned a brand new set of tires (2 each race)!? And this is out of the goodness of their heart. Shoot, the Obama administration doesn't give out that kind of hand outs!

Yep, it's a killer contingency You do have to pay shipping and handling, but it is very very little.

Jeff was very responsive.

So let me get this straight. I was looking at the contingency. Are you telling me that if a guy, say me, wins both races on a given weekend and there were at least 3 cars in my class for both, that I just earned a brand new set of tires (2 each race)!? And this is out of the goodness of their heart. Shoot, the Obama administration doesn't give out that kind of hand outs!

My experience with Hoosier is that they are wonderful to work with and go out of their way to get you what you need quickly, easily and with zero hassle. You'll love working with them.

No joke, by far one of the best contingency programs offered to us. I received at least 6 or 7 full sets of Hoosiers last year. Whenever I redeemed my contingency awards last year, R6's were at the shop within days. Hoosier truly supports all forms of racing even at the grassroots levels like us. We should be very thankful.