'09 GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge: Jul 24 @ VIR

getfast

^ that is correct for UTCC '09 as well. Morning session is to get brains/bodies/cars warmed up, and is timed primarily to make sure all transponders are functioning properly. Anyone who has an incident (contact, 4-off, spin on or off pavement, or other significant loss of control) will sit out at least one timed session, maybe more depending upon the severity of the offense, ESPECIALLY if that happens during the warmup.

We may or may not set the grid for the first timed session based on warmup results. The reason not to is because I don't want people pushing too hard during the warmup, so we may just do it by UTCC class and honor system. All later timed sessions will be gridded by prior timed session times. A driver's fastest single lap during any of the timed sessions all day is what counts.

We ran UTCC '07 this way and it worked great...

Jon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• getfast

• Varkwso

• eclricochet

• BlkGt3

got my invite and signed up too!! gonna stay and run tt rest of weekend as well. ive never been to vir before shall be quite interesting

We may or may not set the grid for the first timed session based on warmup results. The reason not to is because I don't want people pushing too hard during the warmup, so we may just do it by UTCC class and honor system. All later timed sessions will be gridded by prior timed session times. A driver's fastest single lap during any of the timed sessions all day is what counts.

We ran UTCC '07 this way and it worked great...

Jon

That sounds like a great format.

Any idea if they will offer a practice day? I looked at the VIR calendar and the day before - Thursday - shows blank.

The UTCC is technically during the practice day for the NASA weekend immediately following it.

If something is available the day before, I haven't heard about it.

I'll try to find out and report back...

I got my invite to particpate again in the GRM UTCC.....Just gotta get the latest rounds of mods done, nothing like waiting til the last minute...

It ought to be fun losing all of my ST1 & TTU ballast and having the "real" tune for the day and unleashing my car on VIR full, I cant wait.

I think everyone will be running for 2nd if Skeen in the TA car got the invite...that thing is SICK !!!!

I got my invite to particpate again in the GRM UTCC.....Just gotta get the latest rounds of mods done, nothing like waiting til the last minute...

It ought to be fun losing all of my ST1 & TTU ballast and having the "real" tune for the day and unleashing my car on VIR full, I cant wait.

I think everyone will be running for 2nd if Skeen in the TA car got the invite...that thing is SICK !!!!

You and Skeen will be good crowd pleasers. I wonder who will be the mystery pro racer this year?

I will be in Spokane, WA that weekend so I will watch from mylaps.com I guess...

Darn, Popp and Skeen Oh well and Ian has never turned a wheel @ VIR. Hopefully the XPGT2 won't suck it up to badly.

Peter

Got my invite and registered. Now I working double mods. I am setting up my ballast and battery relocation just to remove them and put the stock battery back in for low weight on Friday then reinstall everything for TTE Friday night....

Should be a great time and I am really looking forward to it....

Who else is in?

--Doug

WELL, guess im gonna have to go to UTCC since i got an invite too! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!! LOL, twist my rubber arm and Skeen better be watching his rearview mirror!... i just wont be back there! hahaha.

I can only hope I am the only 4 banger without a turbo that shows up.....

--Doug

Yup.... I am 100% sure you will be! So don't worry about prepping, checking tire pressures, or even bringing your race tires. Just put some cheap 87 fuel in and lap a few times leisurely....

I can only hope I am the only 4 banger without a turbo that shows up.....

--Doug

Yup.... I am 100% sure you will be! So don't worry about prepping, checking tire pressures, or even bringing your race tires. Just put some cheap 87 fuel in and lap a few times leisurely....

That's what I am thinking.....

--Doug

So where do we think the winning times will fall? Or should I say, If you're slower than this time X you're not going to win.

So where do we think the winning times will fall? Or should I say, If you're slower than this time X you're not going to win.

1:55 for Varsity

2:10 for Jr Varsity

HMMM. Derek claims a 1:58 on PS2's in the GT-R.

Peter

HMMM. Derek claims a 1:58 on PS2's in the GT-R.

Peter

The winning time at last falls Redline Time Attack for the unlimited AWD cars was a 1:58.2. I am just using that as a baseline.

I can think of at least four car/driver combinations on the invite list that should be capable of running under 1:55.

Whether they all show up, nail the setup, and have good weather/track conditions... of course remains to be seen.