'09 GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge: Jul 24 @ VIR

getfast

I can think of at least four car/driver combinations on the invite list that should be capable of running under 1:55.

Whether they all show up, nail the setup, and have good weather/track conditions... of course remains to be seen.

Then there is this one Honda that would need some Voodoo to make it under a 2:26...

--Doug

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• getfast

• Varkwso

• eclricochet

• RAFTRACER

I can think of at least four car/driver combinations on the invite list that should be capable of running under 1:55.

Whether they all show up, nail the setup, and have good weather/track conditions... of course remains to be seen.

Then there is this one Honda that would need some Voodoo to make it under a 2:26...

--Doug

for guys like us its about getting into the magazine, not winning

for guys like us its about getting into the magazine, not winning

Well I've already been in there so that is not the major thing

It's gonna be fun no matter what but not coming in last will be an upside...

--Doug

SCCA GT1/Trans Am cars are capable of running low 1;50's so Skeen could be a real contender.

Peter

SCCA GT1/Trans Am cars are capable of running low 1;50's so Skeen could be a real contender.

Peter

It will be Skeen's event to lose, I beleive that he is bringing the most car.....Phil Currin is no slouch, and I here Glenn Bunch's car is way , way over the top...

I'll just be happy to be able to keep either of those two in my sights....I am just getting my car out for the year this weekend @ Mid-Ohio.....hope nothing breaks..

Is Ian running the GT2 and a mini ???? Ian will be a contender for sure, he can drive......

I dont think Mike Jr. Johnson is going to make it which is unfortunate...he would make things interesting and keep Ian/Peter honest

What about the Riley? I imagine that with a 500hp V8 in a awesome sports racer chassis that thing could do some serious lapping on VIR Full....

Should be interesting to watch from the IJV group....

--Doug

What about the Riley? I imagine that with a 500hp V8 in a awesome sports racer chassis that thing could do some serious lapping on VIR Full....

That thing certainly looks like it would be plenty quick ( http://www.rileytech.com/PDF/TrackDayCar.pdf ). They are bringing a pro driver but I'm not sure how much VIR experience he has. Also I wonder how much it weighs?

Peter

It will be Skeen's event to lose, I beleive that he is bringing the most car.....Phil Currin is no slouch, and I here Glenn Bunch's car is way , way over the top...

I'll just be happy to be able to keep either of those two in my sights....I am just getting my car out for the year this weekend @ Mid-Ohio.....hope nothing breaks..

Is Ian running the GT2 and a mini ???? Ian will be a contender for sure, he can drive......

I dont think Mike Jr. Johnson is going to make it which is unfortunate...he would make things interesting and keep Ian/Peter honest

Ian will be in just the GT2 but he has 0 laps @ VIR. This will also be the 1st time the GT2 has been on slicks. To bad Jr. sold his car as he is always fast and slides around as much as Danny

Peter

Peter

Danny, I don't know what happened. I registered in the GT2 then later that day registered for nationals in the Mini and some reason it grabbed the mini registeration for the UTCC. Are you worried about the Mini... unplug 4 coils off that vette and we'll make it a go mini vs 4 cylinder vette. You only have to unplug 2 to play with the GT2.

And quit building me up, I have 0 laps on VIR and only 2 laps to heat cycle the slicks. I'm used to a GT2 on god awful Michelin PS2's.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...