hey how can i move up quick

stangbangr

hey dudes im thinkin hard bout doing the hpde thing i went to watch a buddy do some of it and it looks like something i could get into but i want to know that il be moved up the ranks quicky u know i dont want 2 waist my $$ if im gona be held back 2 long. $$$ is 2 tight today to waist it hangin in the lower groups when u r good and need to move up in a hurry is that gona be a problem or not i herd nasa was a good group just wana get info from the sorce u know what i mean thanks for info hope to meet some of u guys soon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcmmotorsports

• trhoads

• TurboShortBus

• jason

hey dudes im thinkin hard bout doing the hpde thing i went to watch a buddy do some of it and it looks like something i could get into but i want to know that il be moved up the ranks quicky u know i dont want 2 waist my $$ if im gona be held back 2 long. $$$ is 2 tight today to waist it hangin in the lower groups when u r good and need to move up in a hurry is that gona be a problem or not i herd nasa was a good group just wana get info from the sorce u know what i mean thanks for info hope to meet some of u guys soon

Paging Mr. Brewer.

glad u used a period in there i wouldn't have known what u were trying to say but you'll be moved up according to your experience and safety and not just your speed so dont think of it like a video game where u r trying to finish the next level but you will have a blast so it is definately not a waste of $$$.

Everybody thinks they are good before they start. If you are, you "move up."

I have included the following for you to use in the future. ..............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Internet trolling is a delicate art. The best examples require a balance of breathtaking ignorance, feigned indignant outrage plus a sprinkling of implied insults to the forum faithful."

Edited by Guest

hey dudes didnt mean 2 get any one riled know u guys been at it longer n know the deal its a $$ thing u know im ready to learn how to go fast just dont want to sit around u know LOL how long r folks usualy in -1? thats like traineing wheels right? LOL thanks 4 the help!!!!

i dont want 2 waist my $$ if im gona be held back 2 long. $$$ is 2 tight today to waist it hangin in the lower groups when u r good and need to move up in a hurry.

You might want to consider a different hobby.

Racing involves four things:

Talent

Patience

Experience

Money

1 you are born with, 1 you must learn, 1 you develop over time and the final one you either have or you don't.

You can get by with 3 out of the 4, but if you only have one of them....don't expect much to come from it.

hey dudes didnt mean 2 get any one riled know u guys been at it longer n know the deal its a $$ thing u know im ready to learn how to go fast just dont want to sit around u know LOL how long r folks usualy in -1? thats like traineing wheels right? LOL thanks 4 the help!!!!

Stangbangr,

In all respect, I would like to highlight a few points before I address you question. HPDE is not racing it is meant to experience you car in a controled safe environment. The key word being safe in that the driver’s skill level has progressed to be capable of managing speeds, surroundings in a specific group.

When I was in group 1, I left my car bone stock. I decided to substitute the cost of upgrading my car to using that money for event registration. Seat time, seat time, seat time. With that said, my focus for year one was to learn the logistics of high performance driving. I set a personal goal to understand the apex, vehicle weight transfer, car handling, etc..

The instructor’s are key to helping you achieve your goal which in return help you progress you to level 2. I would inform my instructors of my personal goals which they were more than willing to provide comments, feedback and constructive critism. They would even push me by adding new pointers during the sessions. Their course knowledge is priceless so if you listen, you may progress quicker than you think.

Classroom time was also a benefit for me. I enjoyed how a group would collaborate after their session and share their experience. The teachers holding the classrooms were also helpful as you had a moment to think about a turn outside the car.

With that said, listen to your instructor, be open, have fun and most importantly be safe.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html"

If you really are good bro then your instructors will sign you off quickly. Honestly though, i have had buddies that said the same stuff you did till they first went out on the track and found out just how good they really were. I cannot tell you first hand because i came from one of those other organizations with a comp licence already, but i do know that everyone that started in HPDE-1 was for sure not feeling like they were held back in any way. In fact, after the first event they immediatly pre-registered for the next to run HPDE-1 again because they realized they wanted more time with an instructor in their car. You won't feel like your wearing training wheels at all, i can almost guarentee you that. Just have fun beating the crap out of your car legally, you will progress once you prove that you really are good enough.

i can honestly say i would not be comfortable in the same session as this person.

where do you live mr. stangbanger?

Hopefully somewhere in TX so that Mr. Brewer can get him as an HPDE student.

You should save your money and go get an English tutor. Waste and waist are not the same thing

A waist is a terrible thing to mind, and a mind is a terrible thing to waste, eh?

You can just write in and pass the test I think.

If you know what your corner weights are, and can explain slip angle its pretty much a breeze. Email your local registrar for a copy or maybe someone here has one handy??

please say not NASA-SE.

I think I liked MCM's response the best.

Thank you, I am gonna copyright that saying and get it made up on a t-shirt. If anyone acts a fool on the track, I am gonna give them one.