hey how can i move up quick

stangbangr

If you know what your corner weights are, and can explain slip angle its pretty much a breeze. Email your local registrar for a copy or maybe someone here has one handy??

Obviously he's a mustang driver, and mustangs don't have to be corner weighted until you go with the 7 link rear suspension setup. Then, old cobra center caps make great spacers for the 4 rear coilovers.

Up front, I just use old sear's concrete filled plastic barbell weights on the shock towers. Mustangs need lots of weight upfront. Again, your instructor can help out...or PM MCMmotorsports.

Slip angle can be taken care of by using a scotchbrite pad on your seat.

Fuzzy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcmmotorsports

• trhoads

• TurboShortBus

• jason

Again, your instructor can help out...or PM MCMmotorsports.

Wow!! As a former Mustang owner I could post all the tricks. From making sure the Hans Sport device fluid is properly drained before making a run, to keeping your transmission bump stops from upsetting the chassis going through an off-caster turn. Not to mention, everyone needs to be fully aware that Mustangs like a leaf spring setup with a 2nd link AND traction bars much better than that crappy MM or Steeda stuff.

wow dudes you know i didnt dime no body out or any thing just asked a cuple of things looking for some help thanks i gues for the advise must be nice to know every thing all ready youd think their might be a helping hand and not all the static but what ever once you on the in side your in huh LOL

if I could read that without my head hurting, maybe I could help. Spelling and punctuation are great when used, a pile of words like that makes it hard to take someone serious.

now, onto track, take it slow, trying to go too fast, too soon, is a good way to end up with a bent car, or worse. this track driving is nothing like driving around on the street. there is no sense in trying to get out and move up through the levels quickly, unless you just have pure raw talent...and most of those people know it, and are already using it. We have been having this discussion with one of our local n00bs, go out, have fun, don't try to keep up with anyone, don't try to set any lap records, go out, learn the car, and enjoy yourself, with no pressure. It will make it a lot more fun.

wow dudes you know i didnt dime no body out or any thing

I'm sorry, I'm over 40. What the heck does "dime no body out" mean?

i'm under 40, and had to go look that one up, Urban Dictionary is critical when trying to communicate with the youngest generations.

dime out:

used by will smith in his show The fresh Prince of Belair meaning selling some one out.

or

to inform on, tell on, expose

used in a sentence:

"man why did you dime him out like that to his parents?"

or

Don't dime out dat boy, he didn't do anything wrong!

English is a lost language now it seems.

I believe it refers to the days when pay phones cost a dime to use. "Drop a dime" was to make a call to the police. I'm sure nobody born after 1980 remembers pay phones, much less when they cost a dime.

Jason - geezer in training.

English is a lost language now it seems.
Basic spelling, grammar, punctuation...all of it, gone. Everything has been reduced to tard-speak.

Mark (under 40)

• Members

Racing involves four things:

Talent

Patience

Experience

Money

1 you are born with, 1 you must learn, 1 you develop over time and the final one you either have or you don't.

You can get by with 3 out of the 4, but if you only have one of them....don't expect much to come from it.

I have 2 out of 4 of those... is there any hope for me?

-Jim Pantas

"old slow geezer racing"

• Members
its a $$ thing u know im ready to learn how to go fast just dont want to sit around u know

If I had a nickel everytime I heard this...

FWIW - Racing costs as much as HPDE and HPDE costs as much as Racing (don't flame me - let me finish):

You can spend as much or as little as you want to go to the track, we all do it and it is a slippery slope. I am thinking about two(2) different drivers I have seen over the years who went from their daily driver beater to a fast car and back - simply because they wanted to go faster and realized that faster means you spend $$$$ faster as well.

One thing that many regions offer is a "work for credit" program, you can work a few events, bank up some time and then drive for free. We have had many of our staff go thru this and have many who are still going thru it. Contact your local region officials to find out more.

yep, I tend to buy used tires, scuffs from race teams, and not worry about if the tire is at 100% grip potential, it has enough for me. There are plenty of other ways to get on track for less $$. I went through the worker program, and it helped me out when money for track was a little less, and it may help me out again in the future.

I believe it refers to the days when pay phones cost a dime to use. "Drop a dime" was to make a call to the police. I'm sure nobody born after 1980 remembers pay phones, much less when they cost a dime.

I was born in 81. I used to use a paperclip to make free calls. Remember "War Games" the trick he does in that movie actually works.

I was born in 81. I used to use a paperclip to make free calls. Remember "War Games" the trick he does in that movie actually works.

I work for the phone co, we've been looking for the paper clip bandit for years. Trevor, huh?

Waste and waist are not the same thing

Hey that reminds me...

Why is the space between a woman's breasts and her hips called a waist?

Because you could easily fit another pair of boobs in there....

lol.gif

leaving.gif

Edited by Guest

*drops dead*

Waste and waist are not the same thing

Hey that reminds me...

Why is the space between a woman's breasts and her hips called a waist?

Because you could easily fit another pair of boobs in there....

lol.gif

leaving.gif

Stangbanger,

Just come out and try it and I think you'll find it better than you can imagine. I don't think anyone will hold you back as long as you demonstrate all of the necessary characteristics to keep yourself and everyone else safe, one of the primary ones involving being a good listener to your instructor's advice; another being patient in pushing your car beyond your abilities to control. It's real easy to lose control faster than you can blink an eye. One of the keys is practice and experience, just like when you first learn to drive with all the nuts on the public highways. Bottom line, NASA is a great organization. Come on out!