hey how can i move up quick

stangbangr

Stangbanger,

what region to plan to HDPE.. If your in Northern Cailfornia, then you will enjoy the people and the track @ Infineion Raceway Everyone is always there to help

Rick

911 GTS3

Rookie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcmmotorsports

• trhoads

• TurboShortBus

• jason

I think he needs to remember, just because you pass people in the straights, doesn't mean your fast. Learn to turn...that's where the fun is!

or

I tinks hes neededs to rememvers cuz u passes them peeps gooing straight not does mean you fast you might be waisting $$$ on gaz cuz u slow in corners just 4 case you needs to turns quickerly on tight corners i herd dats wheare it is

I think it's like anything you aren't familiar with yet. When I went and took my driving class to get my license I had no issues. Get to the test and nerves and everything else kick in... I failed... Thinking back on it now, I could probably do the test without any issues while talking to the test administrator with the radio on now. It just takes time and practice. Heck, he may even be a pretty darn good driver, but without track experience, I think at least the first few times nerves will really set in. It's the factors you can't figure out until your on the tarmac that make moving up at an appropriate pace so important.

By the way, i'm 24 and had no idea what the dime thing meant.

or

I tinks hes neededs to rememvers cuz u passes them peeps gooing straight not does mean you fast you might be waisting $$$ on gaz cuz u slow in corners just 4 case you needs to turns quickerly on tight corners i herd dats wheare it is

OMG!! I just further cracked my already chapped lips. Thanks!

I love how polite people are to an obvious dumbass. What most of these people want to say is this. "You are an idiot, but you aren't in my run group. So please come out, and have a great time. You are offsetting my cost with your entry fee and pose no immediate threat to me."

or

OMG!! I just further cracked my already chapped lips. Thanks!

No problamo!

I know it's a troll, but someone else might ask the same question and really want to know the answer, so...

The easiest way to get into a higher run group is to listen to your instructor. If you can have the instruction come in your ear, process through your brain, go down the central nervous system to your muscles and actually not have any transmission or translation errors, you'll do fine. Unfortunately, "my buddy told me", "well, in street racing", and "last time I was racing GT5 Prologue" tend to get in the way and cause translation/transmission errors. Flush your brain of all that stuff and then listen and apply. You'll have a great time and maybe actually learn something.

-Michael

I got a lot out of this, some negative but a lot of good advice that I plan on using come April.

Take it slow, don’t push it, listen to you instructor, learn everything you can on and off the track.

It will all come with time.

Thanks

Dan C.

something I found helpful when I was starting out, I had a video camera setup in the car, it was good to watch the sessions later, and self crit, but I also kept it on when I got back to the pits wand my instructor would do a download session with me about the track time we just had. it was good to go back and listen to that again, to help re-emphasize what I needed to work on.

I agree with trhoads. A video camera is very helpful. Watching and listening to the video will point out your strong and weak points. Watch not only the line you're running, but listen carefully to the tire and engine noise to see if you are pushing the tires to the limits and if you are on and off throttle properly. It has helped me a lot. Also, post your video and ask for advice.