GTS Lap Records

JSG1901

This has been updated. Sounds like Damon was trying to get in a clean on-line pass

Scott

Scott, thanks for updating. It wouldn't have been the first time Damon slipped past me cleanly...

Jim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JSG1901

• dmwhite

• ELEPHANT1

• cosm3os

Jim,

This has been updated. Sounds like Damon was trying to get in a clean on-line pass

Scott

LOL....good one!

Damon in STL

p.s. Jim, have any video of the races that weekend? I've posted a couple up on vimeo.com

Barber Motorsports Park

GTS1 Don Sullinger 1:56.463

GTS2 Teddy Worrell 1:47.702

GTS3 Mike Moore 1:43.261

GTS4 Bill Michaluk 1:40.913

GTS5 Fred Crawford 1:46.859

I expect to see many of these records fall this year. This is unofficial, just pulled them from mylaps.com.

Barber Motorsports Park

GTS1 Don Sullinger 1:56.463

GTS2 Teddy Worrell 1:47.702

GTS3 Mike Moore 1:43.261

GTS4 Bill Michaluk 1:40.913

GTS5 Fred Crawford 1:46.859

I expect to see many of these records fall this year. This is unofficial, just pulled them from mylaps.com.

They're better than what we had before. Thanks! I've added them to the list.

They're better than what we had before. Thanks! I've added them to the list.

Yes, but it appears that they may not be correct. I got to thinking that there might be a record page on the SE website and I was able to find one (http://www.nasa-southeast.com/trackrecords.jsp). It would appear that I missed one of the early dates when I looked at mylaps (Oct 13, 2007). Please change the following.

GTS5 is Fred, but the time should be 1:43.996

GTS4 is John Haas at 1:39.970

GTS2 is Chuck Baader at 1:47.019

GTS1 is confusing. The SE records page shows Chuck Ellis with a 1:55.693. But mylaps shows that Jim Pantas ran a 1:54.902 in the same race?

Road America

GTS1: Adam Cunningham, 2:51.215, 8/4/08

GTS2: Jeff Phillips, 2:40.692, 8/4/07

GTS3: Alan Kossof, 2:34.711, 8/4/07

GTS4: Ryan Osiecki, 2:26.920, 8/4/08

GTS5:

GTSU: Chris Orr, 2:28.276, 8/4/07

Should Ryan's record date be 2007 as well?

Beaverun

GTSU John Beaver (!!) 1:04.611 6/12/05

GTS5 Ed Baus 1:01.734 6/11/06

GTS4 Tim Rooney 1:03.497 9/03/05

GTS3 Sacha Clark 1:03.994 6/11/06

GTS2 Jim Child 1:06.372 6/11/06

GTS1 Christian Cook 1:09.144 6/11/06

Gingerman

GTSU

GTS5 Joe Magalotti 1:35.924 7/16/05

GTS4 Alex Lipowich 1:35.196 7/17/05

GTS3 Joseph Fawsitt 1:37.280 7/16/05

GTS2 Tristan Whitehead 1:37.428 7/16/05

GTS1 Christian Cook 1:40.266 7/16/05

Waterford Hills

GTSU

GTS5 Tony Armstrong 1:16.718 8/14/05

GTS4 Tim Rooney 1:18.264 8/13/05

GTS3 Sacha Clark 1:17.737 8/14/05

GTS2 Jeff Mishtawy 1:18.472 8/14/05

GTS1 Christian Cook 1:19.316 8/14/05

Road America

GTS5:

Nope, but the date should be August 2, 2008, not August 4.

Road America

GTS5:

Nope, but the date should be August 2, 2008, not August 4.

Cool. I'll get it fixed in the DB.

It would be cool if there were both qualifying and race fast laps. Of course I understand that is roughly twice the work. ; ) It's kind of neat to see what can be done in qualifying for those who might set up specifically for it.

Cheers.

It would be cool if there were both qualifying and race fast laps. Of course I understand that is roughly twice the work. ; ) It's kind of neat to see what can be done in qualifying for those who might set up specifically for it.

Cheers.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised qualifying laps don't count. I suppose it's because you may do something in qualifying that you wouldn't do in a full race (softer tires, for instance) but I would think the lap records would be based on the fastest lap in any officially-timed session.

Regardless of what I may think, that's not what the rules say.

Cheers.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised qualifying laps don't count. I suppose it's because you may do something in qualifying that you wouldn't do in a full race (softer tires, for instance) but I would think the lap records would be based on the fastest lap in any officially-timed session.

Regardless of what I may think, that's not what the rules say.

I've always gone back and forth on this and while I think an officially timed session (IE, not practice) should count I do think that qualifying and race laps are a separate effort. I mean it would not take a lot of effort for one to go out and specifically set up for a fast qualifying lap. I have tried different things over the years to get a better qualifying and sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. I ran a 1.36.3 at Gingerman during qualifying back in like '02 or something and to date that is the class lap record by I think over a full second. I dunno what exactly I did on that lap (though I did have several laps in the 36's) but to this day I still wonder if there was some odd timing error.

But I digress....I would love to see fast race and fast qualifying laps but again, the logistics might be too much.

Cheers.

Ok, since I keep saying it....I'd be willing to deal with qualifying lap records separately. Sorry, but not going back through the thread I don't recall who is doing race laps. But if it's interesting to others I'll take on the qualifying part. Lemme know.

Cheers.

Why do you have to split up qual v. race records (or am I misreading). The record is the fastest official lap, period. If you want to get cute, you could put in parens next to the time that it was qual or race.

Why do you have to split up qual v. race records (or am I misreading). The record is the fastest official lap, period. If you want to get cute, you could put in parens next to the time that it was qual or race.

For the reasons I've already indicated above. I don't pay particular attention to lap records in any series be it pro, pro-am, or am but it seems they are always quick to differentiate race laps vs qual laps....which makes sense to me, again for the reasons I've already indicated. Just my opinion.

Cheers.

For the reasons I've already indicated above. I don't pay particular attention to lap records in any series be it pro, pro-am, or am but it seems they are always quick to differentiate race laps vs qual laps....which makes sense to me, again for the reasons I've already indicated. Just my opinion.

Cheers.

In my opinion....race lap times are very different than qualifying times. In a race, you may only go as fast as you need to go without taking a lot of risks. In qualifying, you may accept taking a single big risk much more readily if it can bump you up on the grid. And, what I mean by "risks" is braking just a bit later or trying to carry more speed into a corner than you may have done in the past.

Setup for qualifying is also different than how you approach a race. When qualifying, you try and get your fast "Lap" done early within 3-5 laps. So, the car has to be "good" right away. Your setup for a race is for a much longer duration of time on track. I like to have a car that gets progressively better as the race develops.

Again....only my opinion....

Damon in STL

Cheers.

In my opinion....race lap times are very different than qualifying times. In a race, you may only go as fast as you need to go without taking a lot of risks. In qualifying, you may accept taking a single big risk much more readily if it can bump you up on the grid. And, what I mean by "risks" is braking just a bit later or trying to carry more speed into a corner than you may have done in the past.

Setup for qualifying is also different than how you approach a race. When qualifying, you try and get your fast "Lap" done early within 3-5 laps. So, the car has to be "good" right away. Your setup for a race is for a much longer duration of time on track. I like to have a car that gets progressively better as the race develops.

Again....only my opinion....

Damon in STL

Eggsacery.

If the idea is to post the fastest lap on a given track in a given class, what does it matter if it happens in qual or a race? I guess its my TT mentality--the fastest lap is . . . the fastest lap.

If the idea is to post the fastest lap on a given track in a given class, what does it matter if it happens in qual or a race? I guess its my TT mentality--the fastest lap is . . . the fastest lap.

Some of us take the time to specifically set up for a qual run vs a race, as Damon indicated. I can see this being exactly not the case in TT. But I think it's been covered pretty well what the difference is. Again, I am willing to take on the qual part if people want them separate. If not, that's fine too.

Cheers.

For the record on the track records, there is no "T" in my last name. I am German like our racing series.

What, you mean you want to get credit for your lap record AND get your name spelled right?

Sheesh.

(Fixed here...thanks)