2005 Rule - NO CONTACT!

mwilson7

Has anyone read the 2004 NASA CCR's? Do each of the competitors have a copy with them at the track?

Yeah, I read the rules. Yeah, I have a copy of them with me at the track.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mwilson7

• D Algozine

• onralz

• mansier

Adam-

I think a one race probation for your light contact was a little over-the-top. However, I would NOT be against noting EVERY contact in the logbook of a competitor, for future reference. Even "racing incidents", in which both parties agree no one was at fault and it was not deliberate, could be noted. This would help RDs get a good idea of that persons history. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Yeah, I read the rules. Yeah, I have a copy of them with me at the track.

I'm not surprised, Mike.

I think a one race probation for your light contact was a little over-the-top. However, I would NOT be against noting EVERY contact in the logbook of a competitor, for future reference. Even "racing incidents", in which both parties agree no one was at fault and it was not deliberate, could be noted. This would help RDs get a good idea of that persons history. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Given the issues we dealt with earlier this season, I should have gotten a one race probation - the incident was clearly my fault, and I accepted complete responsibility ( TBH, I felt really bad about it ). Maybe it was over the top, maybe it wasn't - the perception it helped promote was invaluable to the new racers we had with us that weekend.

However, in Sunday's first race, at about lap ~5 or 6, Todd and I bumped tires coming out of T3 ( his pass rear to my driver front ). No damage, no loss of position, no off track excursion....clearly a "racing incident". We both had a shared responsibility for the incident, discussed it afterwards between ourselves and the NASA officials, and no probation was instituted. That race video is posted here - you'll see what I mean. Right click, save as.

I think Scott's suggestion is a good one - no matter the fault or incident, all of them are noted in a racers logbook to give a clear picture of on-track behavior. IMO, that should be included in the NASA CCR's, not the Series rules.

edit to fix link

Edited by Guest

Scott,

That is a good idea as long as someone uses that information. That information needs to be reviewed and taken into consideration when incidents occur. But, it's not clear how much weight and what should be done about it. So, its not that much different than the existing process. There is a lot of room for interpretation and for the severity of the punishment given. I think thats what should be made clearer. If lines are crossed than predetermined actions should be taken. The situation that Adam described, made it clear to him what is exeptable and I'm sure his fellow drivers got the message, as well.

I'm beginning to believe that this is a CCR topic and not AI specific. Some clarification and a stricter view of the existing rules may be a simple solution.

• Members
Adam-

In the SE region we have a complete 'Corner Workers Log' that is a list of every incident, spin, off track, etc. from each event for our references. Adding the information to a driver's log would be a good thing as well.

FWIW - We have had a driver that clearly was overly agressive and was going to cause contact at some point. Our racedirector felt he was a risk so I brought him in during the race to 'chat' - I gave him a choice to abide by our rules or go home - needless to say he has chosen not to return.

FYI - the corner workers see everything - we have also considered having racers sit in a bucket for a few sessions as part of a penalty to have them realize that they are not alone on the track