Registering for events and Promo Codes

bossman429

I just joined NASA and can't wait for the first event.

Typically how far in advance do you need to register for an event?

Also, how common are promotional codes given and for whom/what? I saw the space when registering and was thinking, the more I do the more that 5-10% would help out! I'm not getting into this sport on a budget but as with anything, a penny saved is a penny earned. Maybe someone has some pointers???

• National Staff

I would register as far in advance as possible. Many events fill up, and you could be left out. Some always fill up, but you would have to check locally which ones they are.

There are no standard Promo code savings. Those spots could be used by a Regional Director at their discretion--most likely for instructors, officials, etc.

Well that makes sense. I just signed up for the first HPDE event in my region.

Question - It ask for car number. I didn't see any assigned to me so I just made on up (lucky 666)

Is this going to be a problem?

Well that makes sense. I just signed up for the first HPDE event in my region.

Question - It ask for car number. I didn't see any assigned to me so I just made on up (lucky 666)

Is this going to be a problem?

Usually HPDE drivers make those up. They're mostly for those on the radio, like '#123 blue car' and so forth. Picking a specific number shouldn't matter much as long as nobody in your group already has it.

Down the road in the TT/Race groups, there's a big form that tracks all the numbers used and who's using them at the regional and national level.

And as Greg said, some events book really fast. Usually see them open up about 3 weeks before in my region, but it really varies.

If you want to run NASA MA, plan on registering soon after the event opens up. We have posted the dates each event will open on out region site https://www.nasaracing.net

We always sell out HPDE and all our HPDEs are 2 day events. We are generally sold out about 3 weeks or sometimes even further out. Planning ahead is necessary.