Took the plunge! '08 Mustang GT SVT - need graphics source

NVR2L8

One more thing, I'm not sure about Ford's add on policy, but with Mazda it this.

If a customer wants to put on cold air intakes, and other Mazda speed parts they

can, these add on are bought in a Mazda dealer (not the internet) and installed by

a Master Mazda tech and at a dealership. Yes it is expensive, however, there is a

warranty given on the work and the part. If it should fail or cause other parts to fail

your butt is covered.

In addition, the general public is protected by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Regardless whether the dealership or the owner installs a part, their butt is protect provided that the installed part does not cause a factory part to fail. When I had my Mustang AND worked at a Ford dealership, I researched this extensively since I bought my car new and did not want to have any issues. I did learn one very important thing, if you want 4 different answers to the same warranty question, ask 4 different dealerships the same question. With that said, if you are not an idiot to the dealer, 9 times out of 10, you will be fine.

• 8 months later...

I dont care what anyone else says.......your a BAD ASS DAD! When i have kids they will be learning EVERYTHING possible when it comes to cars. From HPDEs to changing tires in the dark. I dont care if I have 4 girls.....they will do the same!

To me it sounds like you got a good deal on a beefed up Mustang GT. It will be a good beginner car for your son to toss around on the track. It doesnt matter how fast it goes or how much HP it has.....they all can hit a wall VERY HARD. Id now invest in some real safety gear for the car. When i bought my bone stock C5 the first thing we did was take it to Phoenix and have a cage, seats and harnesses installed. I doubt you can do all of this but im sure there are some things you can do to make it safer.

Id also try to have a good relationship with your local dealership....because they WILL be needed at some point.