robbodleimages

2009 SE Endurance Challenge. All chat and points here

robbodleimages

Hey Y'all,

This will be your home for all conversation and news for our Enduro championship this year.

I wanted to have a place that everyone can come for info, questions and conversation about our racing.

I was happy with how things turned out at CMP. Below are the points after CMP for both the overall championship and the class competition. Because we have an enduro on the schedule for each NASA SE event this year, you may drop two events. That will be three if AMP is ready for us in October.

We will also have two double points events. Those are at Barber and the November CMP, but that is subject to change.

robbodleimages

Overall Points Championship(this is also the pregrid for the next race)

1. Phillips Racing(ES)-CMP 100

2. Fandango Racing (E0)- CMP 90

3. Robinson Racing(E2)-CMP 80

4. Foushee Racing( )-CMP 75

5. Travis Wilson(E2)-CMP 70

6. Levie Racing(E2)-CMP 69

7. Team Gritzer(E2)-CMP 68

8. Black Dog Motorsports(E1)-CMP 67

9. Wildhorses(E2)-CMP 66

10. Bize Racing(E2)-CMP 65

11. Kelley Racing (E2)-CMP 64

12. Barnett Racing (E2)-CMP 63

13. Chambliss Racing-CMP 32

14. Bize II-CMP 32

15. Sharif-CMP 32

16. Housemann-CMP 32

Class Points Championships Points

ES

1. Phillips Racing-CMP 100

2. Chambliss Racing-CMP 50

E0

1. Fandango-CMP 100

2. Housemann-CMP 50

E1

1. Black Dog-CMP 100

2. Sharif-CMP 50

E2

1. Robinson-CMP 100

2. Foushee-CMP 90

3. Wilson-CMP 80

4. Levie-CMP 75

5. Team Gritzer-CMP 70

6. Wildhorses-CMP 69

7. Bize-CMP 68

8. Kelley-CMP 67

9. Barnett-CMP 66

10. Bize II- CMP 33

gumbyada

Id just like to say hopefully next time we will get a good warning to the start of the race.

robbodleimages

Our enduros are always the last event of the day. They must start on time or be shortened. Therefore you can count on them starting on time from the schedule.

joecycles

I know this has been brought up, but is it me or does it not seem right that the largest class gets less points when the overall points are sorted out (granted the E2 cars are the smaller engine cars and should be the slower cars in the field). I like the idea that HSR uses by giving a 5 or 10 pt bonus to the class with the most cars entered. That takes away the guy who enters just so he can get a win every race when hardly anyone else has entered a car in that class.

My point, which will infuriate a few people, I am sure of that, is that the overall leader has 2 cars in his class, he probably just ran his race, not a lot of competition besides another car when the E2 guys have several cars racing hard. It will be a lot harder for the E2 guys to do well at the end of the year simply because they have more competition.

I don't say this to knock the guys with few cars in their class, but if you look at the numbers, the E2 cars represent the larger fields. Just my 2cents.

OHh, and i was signed up to race but a medical emergency with my family came up so I could not attend, sounds like you guys had a beautiful weekend at the track!

Joey Sullivan

944 cup #29

robbodleimages

The fun thing abou NASA Endurance is that we invite everyone to race. SCCA ECR enduros don't allow V8 cars and some V6 cars to participate. I don't think we want to be in the business of discouraging participation.

b_tone

So, am I understanding that there is no qualifying for the Enduro's?

If that is the case why not just start by drawing numbers out of a hat rather than by points.

This is not to ridicule, I am serious.

FandangoDrew
I know this has been brought up, but is it me or does it not seem right that the largest class gets less points when the overall points are sorted out (granted the E2 cars are the smaller engine cars and should be the slower cars in the field). I like the idea that HSR uses by giving a 5 or 10 pt bonus to the class with the most cars entered. That takes away the guy who enters just so he can get a win every race when hardly anyone else has entered a car in that class.

My point, which will infuriate a few people, I am sure of that, is that the overall leader has 2 cars in his class, he probably just ran his race, not a lot of competition besides another car when the E2 guys have several cars racing hard. It will be a lot harder for the E2 guys to do well at the end of the year simply because they have more competition.

I don't say this to knock the guys with few cars in their class, but if you look at the numbers, the E2 cars represent the larger fields. Just my 2cents.

OHh, and i was signed up to race but a medical emergency with my family came up so I could not attend, sounds like you guys had a beautiful weekend at the track!

Joey Sullivan

944 cup #29

It looks like points for overall we done straight by finishing positions so the number of cars in the class does not effect the points for overall.

excelmotorsports

I would like to congratulate Steve Phillips and Brian Smith on there overall win and class win. A special THANK You Steve for allowing Excel Motorsports Services LLC to get you your first win.

Excel Motorsports Services LLC. is a client-based motorsports company that provides racecar preparation, maintenance and Data services. Located just north of Charlotte NC. For information please call John at 704.914.7110. Website is currently under construction

robbodleimages
So, am I understanding that there is no qualifying for the Enduro's?

If that is the case why not just start by drawing numbers out of a hat rather than by points.

This is not to ridicule, I am serious.

Its simple. Its a small reward to continued participation. The later we get in the season it also bunches the championship contenders together and away from the guys straight out of comp school.

robbodleimages

Getting close to round two of our 2009 SE Endurance Championship. This is Road Atlanta.

I am wondering who is racing? Who is going to join us?

Lemming
Getting close to round two of our 2009 SE Endurance Championship. This is Road Atlanta.

I am wondering who is racing? Who is going to join us?

Will test and tune the week before at Barber, and then sign up. This will be the first race for the the new, and improved, Frankencar

robbodleimages

We are testing at VIR the weekend before with the Cobra R and will have it out to race for the first time at RA.

BTW...I will need some help pitting the car. Anyone?

FandangoDrew

i will be there

dmwhite
Id just like to say hopefully next time we will get a good warning to the start of the race.

wasnt the race start time on the schedule?

hope to see everyone at RA!

FandangoDrew

wasnt the race start time on the schedule?

hope to see everyone at RA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE

FandangoDrew
thanks Drew!!

You bet bro, sounds like a great reason to party at RA

FandangoDrew

Just took a look at the list for RA and it looks like we will have a really good field for the enduro. It should be a great race!!

Lemming
Just took a look at the list for RA and it looks like we will have a really good field for the enduro. It should be a great race!!

Just signed up, looks like there are 11 in E0, including a Panoz car Has anyone gone through the list to make sure that cars are correctly classed

FandangoDrew

Are we going to be allowed to change all four tires on pit lane because of weather again?

robbodleimages

The only realistic choices are to allow changing all four tires like we did last season or throw a competition caution so everyone can change at the same time.

I am leaning heavily toward doing what we did last season. Allowing changing of all four tires during a pitstop. More in the driver's meeting.

robbodleimages

Just signed up, looks like there are 11 in E0, including a Panoz car Has anyone gone through the list to make sure that cars are correctly classed

Yes...Thats me. I am on it.

The Panoz is a E0 if its a 302 version. Its an ES if a 351 version. That car ran as an SU previous and if in the same configuration will be an ES car.

FandangoDrew
The only realistic choices are to allow changing all four tires like we did last season or throw a competition caution so everyone can change at the same time.

I am leaning heavily toward doing what we did last season. Allowing changing of all four tires during a pitstop. More in the driver's meeting.

+1

robbodleimages

I am going to miss this weekend. I am definately not feeling well and the forecast for cold and rain all weekend closed it down for me.

The starting grid has been emailed ahead. Have a safe race and I will see you next time.