Graham1728

Helmets

Graham1728

Where can a guy go to buy a helmet in the east bay or contra costa?

Will F.

Didn't you mention that you were supposed to come out for your first event this weekend's event at infineon? Come out even if you are not driving. Learn how things are run and know where things are.

Also, Wine Country Motorsports is at the track and usually has GREAT deals on race gear this time of year....

AustinG
Didn't you mention that you were supposed to come out for your first event this weekend's event at infineon? Come out even if you are not driving. Learn how things are run and know where things are.

Also, Wine Country Motorsports is at the track and usually has GREAT deals on race gear this time of year....

I'd highly recommend Wine Country Motorsports, I've bought a lot of gear through hem, great guys.

Goldfish

WCMS has an excellent selection and convenient if you are at the track. IO Port in Lafayette has helmets in stock as well - I think Bell and Pyrotect. Try on several different ones, there is a difference in sizing and comfort.

I agree with Will that if you can, it would be a good idea to come and out see how things run. Suggest Saturday as it will be less rainy and getting there at 7:30 and sitting in the drivers meeting then watch a few groups go out and talk to some of the people. Come on by Spec E30 area - we've got a lot of free time all morning between 9-2

Graham1728

Great info guys thanks. I will be there one of the two days just not sure which one yet. Again, thanks for all the info.

rbrumm

let's say we all get together and take Graham over toWCMS and do some shopping

Rick

Cheap_Thrills
Great info guys thanks. I will be there one of the two days just not sure which one yet. Again, thanks for all the info.

Hint: rub a little grease on your face so you'll blend in, then get in line for the free Wine Country Motorsports BBQ afterwards.

Graham1728

I went to my first NASA event on Sat. I am hooked even though I was just there to watch that day. I got there in the morning and was able to go to the drivers meeting and then hang out. I took the advice here and bought a helmet at WCMS. They are some good guys a great prices. See you in March

owenxguo

got mine from ebay, but you have find a local shop, test fit and make sure your size.

99wildthing
I went to my first NASA event on Sat. I am hooked even though I was just there to watch that day... See you in March

Hey 1728, I'll be out at Sears Pt for the March event too, are you going to bring your Probe out in March? Don't see many of those anymore; they're a cool looking car though! Is it a Probe GT? And, how do you like it's performance and handling?

See ya at the Point!

16v Justice

I quick question: you are allowed to use open face helmets, right?

Cheap_Thrills

yes. I think your supposed to have shatterproof eye protection without a face shield, but all the people I've seen look to be wearing regular sunglasses.