Silent Camping Generator Quiet and Portable

stevepoe

I sold my 6000watt loud overweight industrial type generator during our last power outage.

was looking for something quiet and portable. visited the honda store and cam up with this. was wondering what other are using.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2GG&modelname=EU2000i&modelid=EU2000IAN

about 925 plus tax is what I can get it for. I have a friend that sells yamaha like the honda but it is more. they told me that they think the yamaha and honda are made by the same company as they have taken both apart in service and they look the same.

curious if anyone else has something like this and the price range

again looking for very quiet

the honda above is 53-59 dba.. you can cary a normal conversation standing over it. so I'm looking for something close to that

I have "heard" MANY Honda generators and they are superb. In fact, the only negative about them is the price. They are by far the best generator out there. Haven't heard about the Yamaha's and Honda's being the same gen, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2GG&modelname=EU2000i&modelid=EU2000IAN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have owned a Honda EU2000 for 3 or 4 years. It is very quite and very dependable. We shopped around and paid somewere around $900 and free shipping.

Dale

Just wondering - the Honda EU2000 is rated at 2000W maximum. I've heard that it often takes extra power when starting equipment up - say 2-3 times what they are rated at. Would the EU2000 be enough for a 1100W or 1300W microwave? Would it handle a 1500W electric portable heater? I just bought a generator from Amazon rated at 2700W, and it handles the 1300W microwave or 1500W heater if they are running by themselves, but if one is running, and you try to start the other, then it is too much for the generator. - Jim

Just wondering - the Honda EU2000 is rated at 2000W maximum. I've heard that it often takes extra power when starting equipment up - say 2-3 times what they are rated at. Would the EU2000 be enough for a 1100W or 1300W microwave? Would it handle a 1500W electric portable heater? I just bought a generator from Amazon rated at 2700W, and it handles the 1300W microwave or 1500W heater if they are running by themselves, but if one is running, and you try to start the other, then it is too much for the generator. - Jim

There is a significant surge for an inductive loan (e.g. electric motors). I am not sure how much current surge the magnetron in the microwave has off the top of my head. However, most generators give you their instantaneous load rating (start up power) verses continuous power ratings.

I may be wrong, but I believe the EU2000 has 2000 Watts of continuous power.

Dale