HOOSIER RACING TIRE TT CONTINGENCY 2009!!!!!!!!!!

Greg G.

• National Staff

LAKEVILLE, IN (March 17, 2009) -- Hoosier Racing Tire is pleased to announce that it will again offer a generous contingency program to NASA members in 2009.

"The decision to launch a Hoosier Racing Tire contingency program for NASA in 2008 instantly paid big dividends by generating tons of support from NASA competitors. Hoosier shod drivers dominated in the open tire classes at the 2008 NASA Nationals resulting in 16 out of 18 possible championships," said Bruce Foss, Hoosier Racing Tire Road Racing Product Manager.

Foss added, "The continuation and expansion of the NASA contingency program for 2009 is a logical progression. We look forward to the exciting and successful benefits for Hoosier Racing Tire and competitors using the Hoosier brand."

To assure that NASA competitors understand Hoosier's value of their support, Hoosier Racing Tire has expanded the contingency program this year to include the Time Trial competitors, as well as, all the classes that were included last year. The purpose of this program is to reward the success of those drivers and ensure Hoosier Racing Tire remains the tire of choice for NASA racers in 2009.

"It's fantastic that Hoosier Racing Tire has expanded their contingency program available to NASA competitors," said Jeremy Croiset, NASA's Sponsorship Manager. "We work very hard to deliver the best support programs for our drivers and we are confident that our racers will be very excited about this new offering."

All open tire classes (including Time Trial classes) will be eligible for this program. The program will award each 1st place finisher with two (2) free tires if there are three or more starters in the class and 2nd place will be awarded with one (1) free tire if there are five or more starters in the class. The program includes all NASA regions.

More details and information on the Hoosier Racing Tire contingency program can be found by clicking here. https://www.hoosiertire.com/NASAawdg.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.hoosiertire.com/nasa3179.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On behalf of the entire NASA TT Program, I would like to thank Bruce and Hoosier for including us in the program this year.

Greg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• TurboShortBus

• kbrew8991

• jason

I'm feeling illiterate again today. Does this mean to say that the Hoosier contingency program and payouts have been expanded beyond results only at the National Championships (as was the case last year, I think; I wasn't there) and now apply to each individual race event for all regions throughout the season (win TT this weekend, get 2 tires; win TT next weekend, get 2 more tires)?

Mark

That's what I was thinking when I first read it, but that seemed like Hoosier could have a LOT of tires heading out the door!

Dammit, and I just ordered 4 new "brand T" tires last week, as I couldn't wait any longer at the time...they showed up today...

Mark

It is outstanding that Hoosier has again supplied contingency to the NASA racers.....even more outstanding that they have included TT into their program. Now evryone knows why Hoosier, besides being the fastest tire . is the tire to be on.....period.

Just like giving crack junkies more crack.......Black crack.......there is no finer..

I'll be trying to collect contigency next weekend at VIR

I was on the fence with 3 different brands.

This makes my decision easy.....Thanks!

Can anybody point me to the examples of the white and black decals - you get your choice when you order.

Here is a response I received from Jeff. This helped me navigate a bit of the grey area..

>>> "Ippolito, Joe" 03/27/09 11:09 AM >>>

Hi Jeff,

I want to say thanks for supporting the TT drivers in NASA. It is the support and loyalty from Hoosier that allows folks like me to continue competing despite changes in the economy. Thanks so much.

I signed up for Hoosier’s contingency program – however, my current set of Hoosier tires were not purchased through one of the track side vendors. Is my current set (and spares) eligible to race on and accumulate points under the contingency rules?

Thx!

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:12 PM

To: Ippolito, Joe

Subject: Re: Hoosier Contingency - NASA TT

Joe,

Thanks for writing and for the compliment. I would suggest competing on the current set(s) of tires that you have, but when it comes time to purchase another set, please contact one of the approved Hoosier distributor / dealer on our website. We truly believe is supporting the trackside dealer who is making the effort to arrive at the track and mount and sell tires all weekend. Without them, Hoosier Tire would not be where we are today.

We will not deny you a contingency claim if you do win / runner up on the current set of tires, but do seek out a trackside dealer to purchase your next set.

Good question and I have listed a link below to our NASA contingency webpage. Best of luck this year and thanks for writing.

NASA Contingency Webpage: https://www.hoosiertire.com/NASAawdg.htm

Sincerely,

Jeff Speer

Product Manager

Hoosier Racing Tire Corp.

www.hoosiertire.com

P - 574-784-3152

F - 574-784-2385

Any chance for a retroactive award to the NASA SE event held at Rd Atl the weekend before this was posted?

Had I known before the event, I would definitely have been signed up, but since the announcement was after the event (only 3 days) I missed out...

Also, I am running VIR tomorrow and Sunday. I signed up on the web, but hadn't received the packet before I left for the event... How do I proceed for this weekend?

Here is a response I received from Jeff. This helped me navigate a bit of the grey area..

>>> "Ippolito, Joe" 03/27/09 11:09 AM >>>

Hi Jeff,

I want to say thanks for supporting the TT drivers in NASA. It is the support and loyalty from Hoosier that allows folks like me to continue competing despite changes in the economy. Thanks so much.

I signed up for Hoosier’s contingency program – however, my current set of Hoosier tires were not purchased through one of the track side vendors. Is my current set (and spares) eligible to race on and accumulate points under the contingency rules?

Thx!

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 2:12 PM

To: Ippolito, Joe

Subject: Re: Hoosier Contingency - NASA TT

Joe,

Thanks for writing and for the compliment. I would suggest competing on the current set(s) of tires that you have, but when it comes time to purchase another set, please contact one of the approved Hoosier distributor / dealer on our website. We truly believe is supporting the trackside dealer who is making the effort to arrive at the track and mount and sell tires all weekend. Without them, Hoosier Tire would not be where we are today.

We will not deny you a contingency claim if you do win / runner up on the current set of tires, but do seek out a trackside dealer to purchase your next set.

Good question and I have listed a link below to our NASA contingency webpage. Best of luck this year and thanks for writing.

NASA Contingency Webpage: https://www.hoosiertire.com/NASAawdg.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sincerely,

Jeff Speer

Product Manager

Hoosier Racing Tire Corp.

http://www.hoosiertire.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

P - 574-784-3152

F - 574-784-2385

Cool to know. I only need 2 tires to complete my set of Hoosiers, so this will save me some cash.

Hey Joe, you have enough points left in TTE to run Hoosiers?

Hey Joe, you have enough points left in TTE to run Hoosiers?

The big wing is off the car!

I do need to look again at the sheet. I believe I scored it with the Hoosiers initially as my plans were to go that route (R-comp). But heck, I'll run a 100lb ballast of beer and KKreme doughnuts if it keeps me legal on Hoosiers.

FYI - For all of you running Hoosier 205/50/15 tires, the SM6 tire is essentially the same as the R6, but at a much nicer price point.

After suspension, exhaust and intake mods, I only have enough points left for 205s (+10-7=3). What do you other TTE drivers think?

Once I dropped the wing, the Sentra has 37pts, on Hoosiers - which includes the 7pt TTF class bump and 1pt bump for running 225s, from the base 215s in TTF.

If I want to run 245s - I have to ditch the chin spoiler (3) and bump steer (2). That'll take me to 39pts.

Once I dropped the wing, the Sentra has 37pts, on Hoosiers - which includes the 7pt TTF class bump and 1pt bump for running 225s, from the base 215s in TTF.

If I want to run 245s - I have to ditch the chin spoiler (3) and bump steer (2). That'll take me to 39pts.

Sweet. I was hoping that you could stay in TTE.

Joshua, come up and run with us at CMP in May. You can see what my final decision on miata tire setup is if you do

Any chance for a retroactive award to the NASA SE event held at Rd Atl the weekend before this was posted?

Had I known before the event, I would definitely have been signed up, but since the announcement was after the event (only 3 days) I missed out...

Also, I am running VIR tomorrow and Sunday. I signed up on the web, but hadn't received the packet before I left for the event... How do I proceed for this weekend?

Bump for a response.... PM me if needed....

Thanks,

Doug

Doug - my guess is without the patch on your suit and decals on the car it wont count. But I'd contact Hoosier.

I will say that Jay Andrew requires a MyLaps print of the win with the number of entrants - which he passes on to Hawk. No fluffing the car count p/class. Hoosier may do the same??

How long did it take hoosier to send you the decals?? Its been about a week and I don't have anything. Need them by Thursday! And where am I supposed to put a patch if I don't wear a firesuit? I suppose I could put it on my jacket?

How long did it take hoosier to send you the decals?? Its been about a week and I don't have anything. Need them by Thursday! And where am I supposed to put a patch if I don't wear a firesuit? I suppose I could put it on my jacket?

yeah I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for mine... what gives?

It seems to me that you would be better served by contacting Hoosier directly instead of posting here if you are wondering where your stickers and patches are. Hoosier sends them out, not NASA, right?

Mark

I got mine a week to the day after requesting them.

I think the alternate location is stapled (hot glue is OK too...) to your forehead!