How fast is ST2? Buttonwillow lap times?

Blackbird222

Just trying to get a feel for ST2 speeds, can anyone share what kind of lap times ST2 runs at buttholewillow (and at which configuration, obviously)?

TIA!

Moti

Thanks for the reply.

I saw these, but since the track configuration isn't written there it's hard to tell.

The times aren't going to be similar if you run #13 or #25, no?

Moti

Thanks for the reply.

I saw these, but since the track configuration isn't written there it's hard to tell.

The times aren't going to be similar if you run #13 or #25, no?

Moti

Like Ryan noted, times are on mylaps. If you dont know the configurations, you can see them on the NASA TT website here:

http://www.nasa-tt.com//Socal_Regional_Results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TT, the racers, HPDE, and everybody else runs the same configurations. So if youre not sure which configuration was used, you can check there. To give you an idea, from 07-08, we typically ran 13 CW, and 1 CCW. We also ran 13 CCW once in 08. Not sure what were going to run this year, but i suspect its the same ones. The ST2 times will be faster this year because there are a few new people running, like Ryan, my friend Scott, me, and maybe a few others. I suspect the fastest ST2 times on 13 CW will be around the 56s. In 08, my fastest time on 13 CW in TTA form was a 58. In ST2 form ill obviously be faster, but its going to take me some time because my car is going to be gradually modified from one race to the next.

Based on Willow Springs, I'd say that a couple seconds faster is about right. I think I'll need to trade in my Toyos for Hoosiers if I'm going to keep up with Ryan...

Based on Willow Springs, I'd say that a couple seconds faster is about right. I think I'll need to trade in my Toyos for Hoosiers if I'm going to keep up with Ryan...

i cant believe you guys arent all running hoosiers just for the contingency!

with good tire management and some wins, you could wind up with EXTRA tires by the end of the season.

i cant believe you guys arent all running hoosiers just for the contingency!

with good tire management and some wins, you could wind up with EXTRA tires by the end of the season.

It would be good for a few but bad for the majority. We're in kind of an awkward place; too small to be a stand alone spec series with cars that aren't built to be competitive outside of the spec series (yet). Of course, with ST-2 growing, we'll work our way closer to ST-2 specs...

I'll buy a separate set of wheels to run Hoosiers this year if there are folks like you to play with and I don't have close competition within the GT series on a given weekend.