Cracked windshield - event in 2 days!

BMWguy206

Hey guys! My car has a long crack on the top section of the windshield and the CA Speedway event is this weekend. I tried calling for mobile windsheild services but they were already closed.

I was wondering if the car will fail tech inspection because of the crack. This is only for HPDE 2.

Thanks in advance!

• National Staff
Hey guys! My car has a long crack on the top section of the windshield and the CA Speedway event is this weekend. I tried calling for mobile windsheild services but they were already closed.

I was wondering if the car will fail tech inspection because of the crack. This is only for HPDE 2.

Thanks in advance!

If you can feel the crack on the inside glass, then it should be replaced. Mobile services are available on Thursdays and Fridays (and Saturday) also. They will even come out to the track. However, you should leave about 6 hours for drying time before taking it on the track.

I have gone out for HPDE with a crack in my windshield and no words from tech on it. Not that I would advise it though. If you can, get it replaced for safety sake if nothing else.

Thanks guys! I was able to make an appointment for Friday at noon to get the windshield replace. Should be enough time to let the glue dry.