ra-1 extension, now good for all of 09

Karl

I have yet to try the R888's as I have lots of old RA1's to use up 1st, but if I can't get them to last longer than 2 weekends (12 heat cycles), then I'm not going to use them. PT would have to be my new home. I will try like hell to find a setup that makes these tires last on my car before I give up, but if 2 weekends is the best I can get, then I have no choice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slammed_93_hatch

• ekim952522000

• loren fancy

• mcmmotorsports

Here's some more odd ball stuff:

http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=1&news=3661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TOPEKA, Kan. (June 11, 2009) – Sports Car Club of America announced today that the National Club Racing Spec Miata class will transition to the Toyo RA-1 tire in the 2010 season.

The class ran on the RA-1 tire from 2006 to 2008, but switched to the newer Proxes R888 tire for 2009. After receiving input from the Spec Miata racing community, both Toyo and SCCA management agreed that a change back was warranted.

“We received considerable input on the subject of Spec Miata tires this year and that input was taken very seriously by both SCCA and Toyo,” SCCA VP of Club Racing Terry Ozment said. “Toyo has been very receptive to this and will begin production of the RA-1 again for next year’s season.”

The complete transition process to the RA-1 will be determined and announced after the 2009 National Championship Runoffs®.

Here's some more odd ball stuff:

http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=1&news=3661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TOPEKA, Kan. (June 11, 2009) – Sports Car Club of America announced today that the National Club Racing Spec Miata class will transition to the Toyo RA-1 tire in the 2010 season.

The class ran on the RA-1 tire from 2006 to 2008, but switched to the newer Proxes R888 tire for 2009. After receiving input from the Spec Miata racing community, both Toyo and SCCA management agreed that a change back was warranted.

“We received considerable input on the subject of Spec Miata tires this year and that input was taken very seriously by both SCCA and Toyo,” SCCA VP of Club Racing Terry Ozment said. “Toyo has been very receptive to this and will begin production of the RA-1 again for next year’s season.”

The complete transition process to the RA-1 will be determined and announced after the 2009 National Championship Runoffs®.

I thought they threw away the molds for the RA1s.

I hope they keep making the other sizes in RA1's then maybe we could all go back to RA1's as a spec tire if we can't find a way to make the 888's last longer than 2 weekends.

I hope they keep making the other sizes in RA1's then maybe we could all go back to RA1's as a spec tire if we can't find a way to make the 888's last longer than 2 weekends.

Production has ceased on ALL sizes with exception of 205/15-15 which will remain. R888's do last longer than 2 weekends, if you are willing to make some changes.

16 heat cycles on mine with 5 more scheduled for this weekend.