l30thelion

HMS April Event - Whos Running TT and what Class?

Balroks
So these hoosiers, they give 4 tires any size to each class winner each weekend? I thought it was point based and an end of year deal lol. They R6's?

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26916

Ya I type before I research haha. Who do you guys go through for the purchase?

obzezzed350

TTA getting REAL!

911s

So what will be a winning time for TTA at the next event?

I need to determine just how much Acme gogo juice to bring with me.

It is a shame that no one got the tires. I wasn't aware of the contingency for TT.

What are the odds of getting five cars in TTA so the payback goes to second place?

Gators2001

hey Derik!

congrats on the WIN!

Balroks

Nah, everyone here should move into TTS

TurboShortBus
Nah, everyone here should move into TTS

Recently, I was actually looking to buy an old tube-frame stock car and convert it to also turn right and get the power/weight down to 8.7:1 for TTS, but something like that is only allowed in TTR per Greg G., no matter what.

Mark

Balroks

Lets do a STR2 then? I was wanting to do tube subframes which would put me into these categories so it would be very fun

TurboShortBus

I'm trying to put as little as possible into the blue car while I figure it all out...tubeframe STR stock car vs roll caging a mass produced unibody for CMC or AI...

Mark

obzezzed350

Ill be running TTA by June...that gives us 5 doesnt it?

Gators2001

Hey mark,

I almost bought a stock car convert until I looked over the rules...

Was thinking of a LX before the EVO... Wish we had more ppl in CMC.

TurboShortBus

At the rate I'm going, I might be the only CMC car in Florida...not too smart, is it? Maybe it might lure more cars out of the woodwork...who knows.

Mark

Balroks

See, That's what I love about the ST classes, you can come from any angle, any budget, and still win if you do it right. I'm not sure why people insist on the special model restricted classes, models change, improve, get heavier, get lighter, but the catch-all classes will remain the same. Makes more sense for the wallet in my opinion. I can build an ST car and be as fast as a Porsche, and go run SCCA the next day, TT the next, go for a beer run, enjoy a relaxing DE day, go on a short trip on a twisty road, load up on the trailer and do it all over again without changing a thing on the car. Not to mention any car club meets that your model belongs to, it's still on the edge of street legal. I thought about the tubular car too but it would be the most expensive garage decoration EVER

Granted: there is a flip side, lots of H cars and Spec cars to race against, for dirt cheap....but they are as slow as turds...and they look like turds...no offense to any fans. I guess what i'm really saying is from the hardware i've seen, we could have a kick ass, and have in the past, TTS/U/ST1/2 group. All of us running sub 1.34's at HS - tell me that wouldn't be a blast.

Edited by Guest

kbrew8991

IMO you're not building towards the pointy-end of TTS/ST2 if your car is even remotely streetable... but oh well

Balroks
IMO you're not building towards the pointy-end of TTS/ST2 if your car is even remotely streetable... but oh well

I knew there'd be the critic lol 2/1 yes i'm balancing, but ST the same, i've read the rules a million times. Streetable wise it's simple - plated, insured, titled, mufflered, swap in my 4 point with the orange "push" button. She'd pass emissions in most states. Only thing that would stop me is the lexan side windows, but I can take those out on a sunny day.

32EVOIX
So what will be a winning time for TTA at the next event?

IMHO I think TTA should be running low 37's high 36's TTS 35's to 34's

I need to determine just how much Acme gogo juice to bring with me.

Can I have some of that? At my age I need all the help I can get. So are you going to tell us the secret? Where did you get the 2 sec's.

What are the odds of getting five cars in TTA so the payback goes to second place?

Well if Manny comes and plays we should have 5 I believe, and there should be goodies for the first two.

32EVOIX

I knew there'd be the critic lol 2/1 yes i'm balancing, but ST the same, i've read the rules a million times. Streetable wise it's simple - plated, insured, titled, mufflered, swap in my 4 point with the orange "push" button. She'd pass emissions in most states. Only thing that would stop me is the lexan side windows, but I can take those out on a sunny day.

I love my car it is grocery getter during the week and a TT animal on the weekend, to me that is a beautiful thing. Not many cars can make that claim.

911s

Jimmy,

A little weight loss combined with a change in chassis setup appears to be the difference.

My car has run high 1:39s before at Homestead, just not in TT.

There may be a little more left on the table, but 1:37s appear out of my reach.

This is going to be a long month of bench racing.

Gators2001

Sorry Jimmy, gonna do racing again this May.

32EVOIX
Jimmy,

A little weight loss combined with a change in chassis setup appears to be the difference.

My car has run high 1:39s before at Homestead, just not in TT.

There may be a little more left on the table, but 1:37s appear out of my reach.

This is going to be a long month of bench racing.

One of the best modifications I made was replacing the 35 lb battery located up high in the front of my car with a 5 lb battery. Furthermore, the elimination of weight in national trim makes a huge difference in my car especially a four banger that is heavy. Coilovers and Hoosiers would get you there, in the 37’s; do you have enough points?

32EVOIX
Sorry Jimmy, gonna do racing again this May.

It’s OK dude we will have enough I think, but think of all the fun you will miss. You know with the rule changes the TTS cars are running around the same times or there about, there will be a bunch of cars battling for top honors. Now how many cars did you say where in your class in the race?

Gators2001

Just ME!

But I had fun running w/ Ivan in his BMW.

I getting in Seat time which is what I need.

32EVOIX
Just ME!

But I had fun running w/ Ivan in his BMW.

I getting in Seat time which is what I need.

Just F#@%ing with you man, I am glad you are having a good time that's the idea behind all this, 'cause let's face it Ferrari or McLaren will not be calling any of us any time soon.

You need to work yourself up to run with Scott (tea-bag boy) in FF and AI guys, they are running around TTA times, in fact I do believe that a FF would be classified as TTA if I am not mistaken.

Gators2001

lol, I know. Bro its all good. I know u already.

I am nowhere near turning out perfect laps. I gotta work on my setup and line a whole lot!!!

i did run a 39 on my dieing R1s