Buy the 2008 ST-1 National Championship Corvette

aaronpfadt

Price Reduced $55,000

We at Pfadt are getting motivated to move our C5 to a new deserving owner. The car is well sorted and fast. It is the perfect car to take to NASA Nationals this year and put yourself on the podium. The car is purpose built for ST-1 and TTU. Of course you can race it with SCCA or NARRA or just about any other sanctioning body also.

pfadt-racing-salt-flats-2008-06.jpg

We have a slate of new projects that we are working on and the C5 needs to go to make room. It is certainly a mixed bag for us putting it for sale. I know that I could drive it at Nationals this year at Miller and put it on the podium again, but as it the way with these things, you can not have it all.

Here is some video from 2 weeks ago at the Miller MPRA race here in Utah. This is on Miller East Track and I am battling with a Porsche 997 GT3 Cup car (not just any car, but the car and driver that won the Patron GT3 Cup series last year and took second in the season opener at Sebring). Melanie eventually got by me, but I was able to put up a pretty good fight for a few laps. The Pfadt C5 is dialed in.

The full listing is in the Blog on our website. This has all of the relevant information on the car.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/?p=71

More pictures of the car can be found here:

http://www.pfadtracing.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/510

The wheels that come with the car are C5Z wheels (12" rears and 10.5" fronts) equipped with Hoosier R6s.

The nose on the car is brand new and I just installed a pair of new front fenders in the correct pewter color. I have not done any of the bodywork on the car (there are a couple of small scrapes on the doors that need paint and the front fenders need graphics). The front clip will be completely back to pre-race condition. If you are going to change colors or graphics, I can leave the paint work undone and discount accordingly.

The spares that come with the car are as follows:

Clean spare oil cooler

Spare pair of C5Z wheels

All endurance lighting

Alternator

misc wheel bearings

spare belts and hoses

spare radiator

spare carbon hood

misc engine sensors

spare MSD computer

spare Pfadt rear swaybar (in higher rate)

there are probably other things that I am not thinking of right now

Spares available at additional cost:

Differential with Quaife and 4.10s

RPM transmission (MN6 also) built with G-Force 5th and 6th

Fresh 434 ci short block, Darton sleeves, Callies crank etc...

Set of 4 C5Z wheels with Hoosier Rains

We are asking $55,000. As you probably know, this is a fraction of what it costs to build a competitive car like this. If you are interested in the car, give us a ring and we can discuss details. The car is available to drive at Miller anytime. We can arrange track time to suit your needs.

Thanks for looking. :thumbs:

Edited by Guest

I wouldn't take less than $80K!

Sadness.

I'll take significantly less than $80K

It's not sad, it just opens up more sweet racecar building opportunities! I'm hoping to kick some butt in the C6Z this year

-Aaron

• 2 weeks later...
Aaron....

What specs are you building the new car to??? Are you going to run NASA ST1 and SCCA STO?

It'll be ST1 again. I'll probably be under-powered this season. I'm avoiding any real engine work other than reliability until after the 25 Hours of TH this December. I rarely run with SCCA, and when I do there is no competition here in Utah in a National class. I just try to find someplace to run and have fun.

I'll probably try running slicks to get my wt/power number closer to the limit for ST1. We'll see how it works out. The C6Z goes under the knife next week to do the cage. I'll have it out at Miller in July to see how competitive it will be. I have some pretty good benchmarks from my C5.

Start planning your trip out here Bob, I know you can drive that far!

-Aaron

I just got back from the Katech Track Attack event at Autobahn in Chicago. While I was there, I spent a good deal of time talking to Bob Keaton who had been considering buying my ST1 car. He just purchased a C5 T1 car, so I asked him the $1,000,000 question. What would it have taken to make him more interested in my car?

Bob said that for $55,000 he would have bought my car instead. I am practical when in comes to these matters, so if that is what Bob would have paid, that is what it is worth. My father always told me things are worth what someone will pay for them. I would like to get this car out of my shop to make more room for the C6Z build. I'm dropping the price to $55,000.

This is a lot less than you can build this car for. Probably 50% less at least. Now is your chance to buy the 2008 Nationals winning C5 at a great price. Think of it as your racing budget 'bailout plan'.

Tell all of your friends. :thumbs:

-Aaron

Certainly a guy willing to take $55K would be willing to take $45K

You never know until you ask...

-Aaron

• 1 month later...
Certainly a guy willing to take $55K would be willing to take $45K

You never know until you ask...

-Aaron

Can I be put on a payment plan using Pfadt dollars

• 1 month later...

Hi Aaron,

What motor are you using this year? Stock is more reliable. We are running a stock LS1. It put us up front at the beginning and the end!

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Price reduced again. Buy it now and show up at Miller in September and win Nationals.

$45000. You can't buy more race car for the money.