Want to test my skills ..help plz

Ramos86

ok so ive been lookin for a site like dis for a while now, im not gonna sit here and brag about tha way i Drive but im willin to Put my Skills upp to the test in a Circuit or course however u call it...

what are the requirements ? my own car? My own gear?

One more thing...are they any scouts or sponsors that will be watchin me race?

Edited by Guest

Welcome. Most likely you will start with something we do called HPDE, basically a high performance driving school on a racetrack, where you attend classroom sessions and have an instructor in the car with you (until they sign you off to go out alone.) Graduate through the various levels, build/buy/rent a racecar, go to our competition licensing school, then you can go racing. Please let us know where you are located so we can point you in the right direction.

Requirements for HPDE are basically... a car that will pass tech, and an entry fee. Helmet is helpful but most regions have rentals/loaners.

Could be scouts/sponsors, anything is possible - but you won't be racing at first, you will be HPDEing.

As getfast said, earning a competition license to go racing wheel-to-wheel takes a bit of an investment, in both time and money. That can make it a bit difficult to sell to new people, but the journey is well worth it and it's even fun. Most other racing organizations have similar, if not stricter, requirements. NASA is a bit unique in that it gives new people a clear path to racing, and with enough levels that there aren't any really huge jumps.

The best advice I can give you is to sign up for a NASA event in HPDE Group 1 and go out there willing to learn and put in the time and effort.

I shudder when I read posts like this and realize I may have to go 140mph next to these people............

People like this lack the intelligence normally to keep at anything and succeed. So the likelihood that you would ever see this guy is pretty much zero.