AIECCS - #3 Sebring- awesome schedule..take a look

Red Tornado

I must be dreaming or hungover.

Florida site and just registered and it said it also has following schedule.

120 minutes of racer time a day

Saturday

30 minute practice

25 minute qualifying

65 minute RACE!!!!

Sunday

doesnt provide breakout but qualifying and two races.

We will do format that was used at road america of first race on sunday gets starting position for 2nd race on sunday that counts towards points.

Guys this is awesome. Come on down without a doubt for 4 hours of weekend racing on the 12 hour track.

Damn... too bad it's like a 20-hour tow each way.

I think I'm going to have to sell a kidney and do this next year

best start planning fuel stop rules! Cars with Stock tanks ain't going to make 65 minutes at full tilt. It might be close though for some lighter lower powered cars.

should be fun!!!

Yeah, a long race is nice, but it brings a LOT of issues with it. Fuel-stop rules, minimum weight issues (for those who count on some fuel in their cell), and even driver fitness can become safety issues. It does sound like fun though - I do LOVE Sebring.

HAVE FUN!!!

It's pretty unlikely you will have 65 minutes of green flag time, not to mention the higher chance of cautions, but it will still be interesting for those on the edge of minimum weight and fuel capacity.

It's pretty unlikely you will have 65 minutes of green flag time, not to mention the higher chance of cautions, but it will still be interesting for those on the edge of minimum weight and fuel capacity.

Yep! Better than the boring usual 20 or 30 minute sprints!

I plan on going out with a very full tank.

Depending on which track I have done 1 hour several times before with 5-7 gallons still remaining.

I plan on going out with a very full tank.

Depending on which track I have done 1 hour several times before with 5-7 gallons still remaining.

Good info...but don't you have the 20 gallon fuel safe cell for the 99 up cars?

Yeah, a long race is nice, but it brings a LOT of issues with it. Fuel-stop rules, minimum weight issues (for those who count on some fuel in their cell), and even driver fitness can become safety issues. It does sound like fun though - I do LOVE Sebring.

HAVE FUN!!!

Scott, the minimum weight thing really shouldn't be an issue. Considering the amount of ice and water required to be carried in cool shirt coolers to push back the June heat in Florida, that should more than make up for the near empty fuel tanks.

How about just allowing another 25# or so of ballast for longer races so that people who count on having some fuel in their cell at the end of the race can make up for it with some extra ballast? Just a thought.

Personally, I think that a 55minute race assuming 65minutes is first car on to last car off makes the championship even more viable. Its clearly a different skill than being the fast guy in a 25 minute race. A car is going to drive quite a bit differently on hot, worn tires and an empty fuel tank than on fresh tires with a full tank. Hell, how many of our guys race much with their tanks full at all?

Hell, how many of our guys race much with their tanks full at all?

*raises hand* 15 gallon cell. I need to so I make weight.

Yep. full stock 15.5 gallon tank here. Balances the car, doesn't slosh as much and helps make post race weight.

Well, that and I don't feel like spending $2200 for the fuel cell and a then a new bladder every 4 or 5 years.

I am always full when I go on the track for a race as well. (22 gal fuel cell that actually holds about 18 gallons)

Brian

Figured I couldn't miss this show, so I just booked my flight to come see you guys at Sebring. I also got a hall pass to hit Hallett the weekend prior, so I should be able to accurately set odds for the Off Track Betting at Miller now...

-JWL

Figured I couldn't miss this show, so I just booked my flight to come see you guys at Sebring. I also got a hall pass to hit Hallett the weekend prior, so I should be able to accurately set odds for the Off Track Betting at Miller now...

-JWL

My money is on a particular green and white F-body with a bunch of empty PBR cans in the trunk!

I just hope my car is running for the event . My shakedown will be at Homestead in a couple weeks. Personally, I think I'll be out of gas at 54 min, so I hope it doesn't go that long . . .

I've run Sebring once since I've moved down. It's fantastic. Freaky, challenging, tough and worthy of the long tow. The AI crew down here is looking forward to the event. If we're lucky, we'll have 5 Florida cars: Me, Pat Wehmeyer (our fearful director), Jeff Lindstrom, Marcos Rodriguez, and Eric Santacruz.

And what's with the car counts going down as soon as I built an AI car?

We are rebuilding the engine in the Cobra R. Hopefully it will be in in time for a break in at Barber last weekend of May. We are waiting for a some fuel system parts to get the Bondurant car running. It may be broken in by that event too. My 2005 Mustang project is waiting for the engine I bought with the car to be delivered. I suppose it could be running but Sebring as well.

What I am saying is that I have three pretty cool Mustang race cars of which not a one might be raceable by that damned date.

In the words of Joe Flynn, "I could just scream"

Can't wait

Looking at average weather it looks like coolsuit is critical for those races and perhaps rain tires as afternoon storms look like a always thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Its gonna be hot. PM Thunderstorms are the rule. 60 minute run in the rain?

Rain or shine, we'll be there - my car runs again courtesy of a ford crate motor from modular depot and Pat Wehmeyer racing. Do I understand you are going to bring your R down for our little AI/vintage cobra r challenge?

That was the plan. Blew a head gasket the last weekend of April and we are hustling to get the engine rebuilt and broken in for Sebring. I am however missing camp Steeda this weekend which was to give me some laps on the old course.

If we make it, it will be to participate and not much more.

Rob,

You may have missed Camp Steeda this past weekend but Mr. Burnett was there giving rides & abusing a lot of Nitto Tires along with Tom Ellis in his A-Sedan Mustang. Hopefully he didn't learn too many secrets from Tom. Unfortunately, I only got a chance to follow them for about one lap while they were stuck in traffic & not going 100%. Did get a chance to meet Robin & chat with him for short time. Looking forward to all you guys coming down in June. Should be a good time. We should have 4, maybe 5, FL AI cars plus however many are coming from up north.