Balroks

HMS May Event - let the Bench racing begin

32EVOIX
Lots. For what they do I need the following:

1. Tune

2. Boost leak check. Determine if BOV is holding or not.

3. Fuel system upgrade, E85 style with surge tank (get fuel starve at 1/4 tank)

4. Oil system upgrade - pref dry sump but there is a wetsump pan, lots of horror stories of the 4G63 engine going poof doing what we do.

5. Sparktech COP system, he'd (owner) prolly part sponsor since he's local to FL.

6. New plugs regardless of COP

7. Haltech ECU with the same logger display

8. Re-position shifter higher and to the foward-left

9. Some hubcentric 15-20mm spacers and new wing/undertray/splitter

10. Once she's 110% reililable again, determine current safe HP/torque and engineer for TTS from there (we'll need to use someone's dynojet).

Everything else is wants (well including the Haltech, turbo, manifold, aero, blah blah). I'd do the HKS V-Con too if it's easier/cheaper.

And of course, the track support is number 0, cause that's better then most anything. Dad can do a lot, but not the stuff listed above.

Matt,

Make your own boost leak tester, it is must for our cars or any turbo for that matter. Just take the intake off, get a hose that will fit the turbo inlet, get a piece of pvc for the other end attach a pressure modulator and gage and pump some air into the system and listen for the leak. Just make sure you do not put too much pressure in the system and take the oil cap off to relieve the pressure in the case. At lest that is what I am doing.

32EVOIX
The dealer?!?! NICE!!!

You like that Joe? After all, it is my daily driver, the seats go back in the removable vinyl decals come off change rotors and pads and it is a nice daily ride. 5th gear has nothing to do with any kind of abuse, in fact there was a recall with an updated gear and syncro. When I took the car in the first time the moron mechanic, put the new gear in with the old syncro. Naturally, it damaged things again. The second time I picked up the car and I told them the shifting was too tight and difficult to engage the gears. Their answer was that is normal, yea right! They left out two bolts for the dust cover underneath the car, striped the case studs that hold the engine mounts as well. These people are just plain incompetent, if I had the money and most of all the space and time I would just take it out and rebuild it myself, I absolutely hate when people touch my car. But, it is their mess and they have to clean it up.

Balroks

Matt,

Make your own boost leak tester, it is must for our cars or any turbo for that matter. Just take the intake off, get a hose that will fit the turbo inlet, get a piece of pvc for the other end attach a pressure modulator and gage and pump some air into the system and listen for the leak. Just make sure you do not put too much pressure in the system and take the oil cap off to relieve the pressure in the case. At lest that is what I am doing.

I made one awhile back, PVC with the compressor fitting and all, Dad just doesn't want to take it all apart, can't say I blame him as my intake isn't setup like most. Plus i'm back in Arkanass while the car's in FL I figure if it's going to a shop they can do it just as easy.

Balroks
The dealer?!?! NICE!!!

You like that Joe? After all, it is my daily driver, the seats go back in the removable vinyl decals come off change rotors and pads and it is a nice daily ride. 5th gear has nothing to do with any kind of abuse, in fact there was a recall with an updated gear and syncro. When I took the car in the first time the moron mechanic, put the new gear in with the old syncro. Naturally, it damaged things again. The second time I picked up the car and I told them the shifting was too tight and difficult to engage the gears. Their answer was that is normal, yea right! They left out two bolts for the dust cover underneath the car, striped the case studs that hold the engine mounts as well. These people are just plain incompetent, if I had the money and most of all the space and time I would just take it out and rebuild it myself, I absolutely hate when people touch my car. But, it is their mess and they have to clean it up.

The only people I would ever let touch my tranny as far as rebuilding is either Jon at TRE or Shep (they mail you a preformed box to ship it in). Both are very very good at what they do especially with the Evo, and since you have to stay stock you'd save a bundle compared to their normal upgrades available. Most every FL dealer has been blackflagged by either, as you said "incomp" or the a**holes joy drive your car and beat the piss out of it while your away. Seen it in person too. As far as the DD aspect goes, you'd figure something out

Gators2001

Dealer Tech.... Oooohhhh!

My third gear sycro is DEAD. And the gear is on its way. We are going to open her up this week and see the carnage. FUN!

Paid up for Sebring!