B.KRAUS PLELUDE

B.KRAUS

Brandon, i'd cut it out rivet in some aluminum, and say you planed on running a fuel cell, but changed your mind...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B.KRAUS

• slammed_93_hatch

• ekim952522000

• mikeski38

Copy that.I will fix it up and for now i will just keep the stock tank.Let me get it running then we will put more $ into it.

Copy that.I will fix it up and for now i will just keep the stock tank.Let me get it running then we will put more $ into it.

I hear that.

I am in the same frame of mind as you with my car!

Car is really looking good!!! When do we expect to cars debut?

Im trying for the end of the month.Blacktrax has the car they are going to wire it and tune it.BIG NUMBERS ON THE DYNO.Hopping for 240hp or so to the wheels.Im going to need every little bit of hp and tq possible to beat Graham and Andrie.When building this car i had them in my mind every second.MOTIVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

well the car is done.Blacktrax did a great job with motor build to trans build to wiring

the whole car.They have a hub dyno and it made 220hp with 165 tq.They said on a roller dyno it should make 240 hp with about 185 to 190 tq.I get the car monday so im trying like hell to make the next race weekend.Im do for my next baby any day now my second boy so i might need some help here to get her finished.My sponsers are on my but so i really need to get it done so i can qualify for MILLER.

220/166 are good numbers. makes more hp than my k24.

lets not get into a dynopack vs. dynojet debate either. we all known dyno's read different and are calibrated different. for BT's dyno 220/166 is healthy.

Every dyno read differently. However in general the hub dyno (dynapack) will read slightly higher than dynojet (roller)

Hey Graham also told me that when the motor brakes in it will have more hp.So ill dyno after first race.Also do i need to dyno different for Miller?

YES.I plan on running h1 both days and tt both days so i can get my four race weekend then i plan on running 1 more race after that then ill have my 5 race deal for MILLER.

YES.I plan on running h1 both days and tt both days so i can get my four race weekend then i plan on running 1 more race after that then ill have my 5 race deal for MILLER.
Nice. Maybe Graham and Meris will bring out thier cars.

Nice. Maybe Graham and Meris will bring out thier cars.

I'll keep my H1 engine in my car a NOT run H2 if (maybe) Andrie and Graham runs for sure.

let me know!!!

jmeris

Good talk guys. If all the above bring their H1 cars, so will I.
Nice!!!! If only you can convince Devin to join in you guys would have a hell of a race.

Good talk guys. If all the above bring their H1 cars, so will I.
Nice!!!! If only you can convince Devin to join in you guys would have a hell of a race.

I heard a rumor that devin has a H2 motor in his car ready to go....

just saw this...

http://coldtrackdays.blogspot.com/2009/03/domestic-indulgence-team-remington.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think Raynal is a common last name... so i am going to guess this is someone related to Devin??

Maybe he will be at the SCCA double regional with Chad (assuming he is related to him).

Chad is Devin's older brother. He owns a P&M CTS-V WC Caddy. Not sure if he has raced it this year yet.

just saw this...

http://coldtrackdays.blogspot.com/2009/03/domestic-indulgence-team-remington.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think Raynal is a common last name... so i am going to guess this is someone related to Devin??

Maybe he will be at the SCCA double regional with Chad (assuming he is related to him).

Chad is Devin's older brother. He owns a P&M CTS-V WC Caddy. Not sure if he has raced it this year yet.

that link is saying he is signed up for the SCCA weekend at laguna coming up.

Hey guys, Devin here! Yeah, that is my older brother Chad. We are planning on going to next weekends Laguna SCCA event with the CTS-V. There will be some other SCCA events this year we will run in order to get a good understanding of the car. It is a nightmare to work on in comparison to our Hondas.

As for my car, their is not an H2 motor in it. It is a roller at the moment. H2 looks like a crap load of fun this year. Congrats on your 1st place weekend Dave!

Devin

#6 WC HC

Hey guys, Devin here! Yeah, that is my older brother Chad. We are planning on going to next weekends Laguna SCCA event with the CTS-V. There will be some other SCCA events this year we will run in order to get a good understanding of the car. It is a nightmare to work on in comparison to our Hondas.

As for my car, their is not an H2 motor in it. It is a roller at the moment. H2 looks like a crap load of fun this year. Congrats on your 1st place weekend Dave!

Devin

#6 WC HC

Thanks Bro. You should put the B18 back in it and come out!!!

well the car is done.Blacktrax did a great job with motor build to trans build to wiring

the whole car.They have a hub dyno and it made 220hp with 165 tq.They said on a roller dyno it should make 240 hp with about 185 to 190 tq.I get the car monday so im trying like hell to make the next race weekend.Im do for my next baby any day now my second boy so i might need some help here to get her finished.My sponsers are on my but so i really need to get it done so i can qualify for MILLER.

Fact about our Dynapack and I can only speak for our unit: Back to back testing with our local Dynojet partners our Dynapack reads +0%/-5%.

To add to Brandon's post, his motor yielded those results on 15w50 pancake syrup. Making 240whp is a tall order given that we built this motor 100% by H1 rules down the the last fraction of a compression point. Our goal for Brandon was to build an H that could stay competitive the the K24's...again,tall order...need a taller deck height . A cam swap with thinner oil would yield us closer to 230whp. I'm sure you will be very happy with power on the track.

Can wait to see that 4th gen rock! Congrats to the new addition!

IIRC..

The B20vtec motors of John Meris and Kevin Helms along with the H series of Chris Fries made a lot more power then any k24 at nationals.

straight line speed/dyno numbers have never seemed to be the problem for the B20/vtec and H series motors.

I'm speaking of area under the curve primarily, not peak values. Also, there isn't much aftermarket support for H series trans gears nor are there many OEM interchange options. The flatter we can get the torque curve on the H the more we can mimick the K24's performance. This would require VTC.