New to HPDE, Question about brake fluid.

CyanideSX

DOT 3 or 4 either one should be fine.

My personal preference is ATE Super Blue or ATE Type 200. Same stuff different colors to make it easier when you flush the fluid.

Its relatively easy to find, reasonably priced, and more than enough for all but the hardest usage.

I think that the Motul RBF660 is the newest one for Motul, but it is pretty expensive compared to Motul RBF600. People mention that you might find RBF600 at motorcycle shops, but if you have time, then you should be able to find it online. I suggest checking some forums for your car, as some brands of brake fluid may not work well for some cars (like my Audi where the brake fluid reservoir also feeds the clutch, and the ATE supposedly can cause some problem for the clutch), but hopefully you can choose between ATE, Motul, etc..... Make sure that the system is thoroughly flushed when you changeover to the new fluid. - Jim

if you're considering flushing out old fluid and putting new in I recommend putting on stainless steel lines if you haven't already.

rbf660 just has a little higher dry boiling point/little lower wet boiling point then rbf600. i just flushed my system with rbf600 yesterday