AI East Coast Series??

mwilson7

I read something on the EMRA web site about a North East AI series, but they are not affiliated with NASA, from what I under stand, a group of A-Sedans and ITE cars got together and formed a group similar to AI. They are going to run in the North East with selected EMRA dates, and also do some Summit Point dates with NASA AI.

I read something on the EMRA web site about a North East AI series, but they are not affiliated with NASA, from what I under stand, a group of A-Sedans and ITE cars got together and formed a group similar to AI. They are going to run in the North East with selected EMRA dates, and also do some Summit Point dates with NASA AI.

this?

http://www.geocities.com/northeastiron/ (REALLY BAD color warning!!!)

--chad

Yowza, there's a well written ruleset

9.5:1 rwhp to weight ratio maximum.

9:1 rwtq to weight ratio maximum.

4.85:1 combined rwhp + rwtq to weight ratio maximum

I'm just a simple engineer, but my calculator says that if you were right on 9.5:1 on hp and 9:1 on torque, you'd be at 4.63 combined... so you can't legally make it to 4.85:1 combined without violating the hp or tq.

Minimum 52% front, maximum 48% rear weight distribution

Once again, twice as many rules as needed.

Stock style front or rear suspension - sub 75 lbs

Both - sub 150 lbs

What does "stock style suspension" mean?

Dodge vipers - add 150 lbs

Ford GT - add 150 lbs

Yeah, let me just go ahead and pull 200 HP out of my Ford GT. I'll just leave the blower belt off...

Umm Jeff.... 4.63:1 results in MORE power than the 4.85:1 limit. Check your math.

It looks like these guys have been reading what's going on in NASA, and tool a few of the ideas that have been thrown around without any real attempt at being logical about it. Hmm.....

I spoke to the guys in that group, the info on the web site is old and has not been updated yet. They are going to run AI rules since they intend to run several races with NASA at Summit The only exception is they are going to let vettes run up to a C-4 with a weight penalty tbd, but the vettes have to run on the same size tires and hp to weight as AI + the added weight penalty. Since I am in the North East I am going to run with them, most of AI races are to far south for us.

I spoke to the guys in that group, the info on the web site is old and has not been updated yet. They are going to run AI rules since they intend to run several races with NASA at Summit The only exception is they are going to let vettes run up to a C-4 with a weight penalty tbd, but the vettes have to run on the same size tires and hp to weight as AI + the added weight penalty. Since I am in the North East I am going to run with them, most of AI races are to far south for us.

how does that work w/ NASA? What class is he going to run when the rest of big bore is out there? Does NASA just let anyone sign up for the big bore race and not actually belong in a class?

--chad

Since I am in the North East I am going to run with them, most of AI races are to far south for us.

Maybe this "new" East Coast series will include NASA NE?

Ladies and Gentlemen, please let me clear a few things up.

We are NOT affiliated in any way with NASA or the AI series.

We are simply a small group of racers from the northeast who race with EMRA. We like racing with emra in thier ST classes because its fairly local and fun. We just wanted a new class that is more competitive so we formed our own club and made up some rules similar to AI rules so that we could also race in AI when it was within driving distance.

Sorry for the not so hot website but its free and I'm not that computer literate. The website and rules are not set in stone yet. Our club is only a month old and we plan to have our first get together to hash out all the rules and stuff shortly.

• 1 month later...

Our series is right on track. We plan to run the full emraracing.org sprint race schedule, one emra 1 hour enduro, and one AI race, all depending on the schedules set by the above groups. Please visit our website for more info at http://www.geocities.com/northeastiron and that should help you out. Our class rules are similar to AI rules so we can run AI when they are within driving distance. The tracks we plan to run at are pocono north, pocono south, pocono double infield, lime rock park, watkins glen, beavrun, and summit point.

John-

We're still trying to get the dates selected and work out how we will score this deal. Sorry for the continued delays, but we should have something out shortly after the 1st of the year.

-JWL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates yet? If this is going to happen we'll need more than a couple months to plan vacation schedules/travel time especiall if I have to get down to Road Atlanta for the March 19-20 event.

bpt

Any updates yet? If this is going to happen we'll need more than a couple months to plan vacation schedules/travel time especiall if I have to get down to Road Atlanta for the March 19-20 event.

bpt

• Members

Tried to go to the American Iron East site and noticed it was down for construction and updates. I woud guess this means announcements are coming...

Ed

• Members
Tried to go to the American Iron East site and noticed it was down for construction and updates. I woud guess this means announcements are coming...

Ed

Ed

Jim are you ready to announce the schedule, the ramifications of the schedule and the sponsorship associated or can I? Just to keep it real: :

• Members
Jim are you ready to announce the schedule, the ramifications of the schedule and the sponsorship associated or can I? Just to keep it real: :

That sounds like a yes to me!!!! Perhaps tomorrow. Remember that it gets very hot and sticky down in Braselton in August!